Newbee with airtrek T, can run on RON95 ? really need to remap to use ron 95?

badguy

500 RPM

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
Remap ecu is possible, im not sure what are airtrek ecu code, but you can confirm with the tuner beforehand.

I remap my stock evo3 ecu + replace the chip + dyno tune (mainline dyno) about rm7xx. Launch control additional rm50 with wiring.

btw, your aitrek is fwd or awd?

arent airtrek 4g63t engine...4 liter should suffice if there is no engine oil cooler.
where u remap ur ECU?
my airtrek is awd

badguy

500 RPM

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
Yup, de-tuned evo 7 engine but terbalik from VR, and evo 1 to 3. Google and many say 5.1L :confused::dontknow:
that's y i ask here from Internet some spec say 4.6L

4gbanger

1,500 RPM

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
hi all sifu here,
i will get my airtrek turbo soon

can i pump RON 95 for this car?
do i need to remap ECU to use ron 95?

as i know after remap HP sure reduce, is ok for me
after remap to use RON 95
can i flood the pedal?
Airtrek turbo can use ron95 from factory as it was tuned to run on ron95. stock map are running on much rich side to protect fuel starvation or overboost. so a lot of my airtrek friends do reflash tune to run more efficient FC and more power (on demand). there are few names of reflash tuner for airtrek/evo. where do u live?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
airtrek turbo needs 4.5L (approx.) for engine oil and recommend to use 40 series viscosity or higher as per mileage increase. and yes airtrek turbo are also 4G63 turbo which the engine taken from Evo 5 and gearbox from evo 7.5 gta while turbo is a TD04HL shares with RVR 2nd gen. running on 450cc injector (high impedance) and a very2 mild (lemau) camshaft duration/lift. stock boost should be around 0.6~0.7 bar and should should run healthy 1 bar with or without ecu tuning.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Airtrek turbo can use ron95 from factory as it was tuned to run on ron95. stock map are running on much rich side to protect fuel starvation or overboost. so a lot of my airtrek friends do reflash tune to run more efficient FC and more power (on demand). there are few names of reflash tuner for airtrek/evo. where do u live?
Finally got airtrek sifu come in......:driver:

Reactions: 4gbanger

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes the otai here are all correct on their comments. Unless your Airtrek is recond from Japan, most we see on the road are imported locally by USF (I think) and they're mapped to run Ron95.

When mine was stock with no mods at all, I upped the boost from 0.6 bar to 1 bar and it ran for almost 3 years, not a hiccup.

4G63T in stock is a detuned version from Evo. You may think the 40hp lesser is not much but other than the block, almost everything else are different. Cams, injectors, intake manifold, turbo etc etc. In stock, you get about 180-190whp if your engine is healthy. 0-100 is around 8.5 secs just to be conservative. The spec-sheet claim of 6.5 secs is not possible. The INVECS II slow-box robbed huge hp from the engine. Additionally to make things worse, the car weighs over 1600kgs!

For ECU-remap and tuning, you can look for Ah Wah if you're living in Klang Valley (contact on pinned thread). He specializes in Evos and Airtreks. Congrats and enjoy your ride!

Reactions: sweelt and vr2turbo

badguy

500 RPM

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
hi all sifu here,
about the ATF
booklet say Diaqueen ATF SP3
but in the market hard to find now
all selling normal ATF SP3 without diaqueen wording
and they say mitsubishi malaysia bought diaqueen in barrel and repack in malaysia in package without diaqueen wording

so is it true?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi all sifu here,
about the ATF
and they say mitsubishi malaysia bought diaqueen in barrel and repack in malaysia in package without diaqueen wording

so is it true?
Ha? Odd.. my spare parts shop has the Diaqueen stock. Maybe old stock. If you can find SPIII then that'll work for you. Diaqueen is just the brand. Get the fully syn SPIII la.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all sifu here,
about the ATF

so is it true?
Buy from Bintang Auto Parts, they have plenty of stock. I bought many parts for my Evo from them, guaranteed genuine.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Buy from Bintang Auto Parts, they have plenty of stock. I bought many parts for my Evo from them, guaranteed genuine.
I also sourced my Lancer parts here, prices are reasonable and imported from Japan !

badguy

500 RPM

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
I also sourced my Lancer parts here, prices are reasonable and imported from Japan !
i from JB any recommended shop in JB?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As you can see from the heavily shrouded example of what looks to be the latest Mitsubishi Mirage, currently being sold in the Thailand market, we were lucky to spot this test vehicle at the Saujana area that was about to be towed back to Mitsubishi HQ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience