What engine oil should i use for a Turbo Car ?

Should i go for semi or fully ?

• Semi Syntium 800 10W- 40

• Fully Syntium 3000E 5W-40

Results are only viewable after voting.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Hi all ,

My Suprima S is going to achieve 1000 KM soon.
So, i want to ask Sifu here what is the best engine oil for Turbo engine ?

Should i go for Semi or Fully ?
This is my first turbo car so i will need some advice.

Thank you in advance for the assist.

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi all ,

I just bought a Proton Suprima S and the millage is going to achieve 1000 KM soon. So, i want to ask Sifu here what is the best engine oil for Turbo engine ?

No harm going for either one just insist on NO ADDITIVE.
As per an internal buletin they released long2 time ago when the problem with oil cooler hose start to surface, they mentioned breaking down of additive molecule causes turbine failure as it clogged turbo oil feed line.

My sis Exora bold cfe has been running on semi oil until today.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
No harm going for either one just insist on NO ADDITIVE.
As per an internal buletin they released long2 time ago when the problem with oil cooler hose start to surface, they mentioned breaking down of additive molecule causes turbine failure as it clogged turbo oil feed line.

My sis Exora bold cfe has been running on semi oil until today.
Because i call service center to make appointment and they insist me to use fully . Then i read online fully oil is too thin and not suitable for turbo oil. So yeah ZTH is the best place to ask for advice.

No additive, ok i will take noted. Thanks !

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Because i call service center to make appointment and they insist me to use fully . Then i read online fully oil is too thin and not suitable for turbo oil. So yeah ZTH is the best place to ask for advice.

No additive, ok i will take noted. Thanks !
Since your car is under warranty, then please use what SC recommend. FS is more heat resistant , and from from what I heard from my brother (works in Proton) the small oil lines can get clogged up easily if the oil cant withstand the heat, and block lubrication to the turbo.
and for the record a 5W-40 FS vs a 10-40 SS isnt too thin for the FS. Yes it is slightly thinner overall but a 40 is a 40 no matter FS or SS.
the 40 refers to a range of Viscosity at 100 C,ranges from 12.5 cst to a maximum of 16.3cst. Normally the FS will be 12.8 to 13.8 cst while the SS may be 14.5cst, so no a FS is not too thin,

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To me both can be used. More importantly is you oci and do it on time. Semi probably change at an earlier time then Fully. And like bro. alcyon mentioned used the oil recommended by your SC to follow the warranty standard...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi all ,

My Suprima S is going to achieve 1000 KM soon.
So, i want to ask Sifu here what is the best engine oil for Turbo engine ?

if u always drive hard or long distance high speed travel...it is better to keep the engine on fully syn oil...

petronas syntium is very good oil to use..

Reactions: gunnerzz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Almost 7-8 years ago...I used to sent my GTi to an uncle who is to me...the best ever & most expert in car wiring & modification...This Chinese uncle didn't have his own workshop or nor working for any workshop..He operated on his own and had at that time, converted one corner of a public carpark located at the Petaling Jaya JPJ's Test Centre (beside Armada Hotel/Asia Jaya)...One fine day when my car was having some wiring problem...i by accident had discovered him at the parking lot and had...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience