Your experience with Airtrek...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not M5 bro just a regular 530i LCI, I barely drive it these days (weekend only) & well I'm having it up for sale. What's funny is when I was still driving it daily, it had 0 problems but now that I'm putting it up for sale it's been asking for my attention.
Is like that one, happen to me also and a few friends. My case was put up for sale, on the day of test drive the gear lever linkage broke.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Not M5 bro just a regular 530i LCI, I barely drive it these days (weekend only) & well I'm having it up for sale. What's funny is when I was still driving it daily, it had 0 problems but now that I'm putting it up for sale it's been asking for my attention.
typical european sickness. U got to drive it daily and do the regular maintenance or u let it parked most of the time (some thinking the lesser u drive the less it cost to maintain) how wrong are we....

European car cost more to maintain if not driven than being daily driven.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
typical european sickness. U got to drive it daily and do the regular maintenance or u let it parked most of the time (some thinking the lesser u drive the less it cost to maintain) how wrong are we....

@s.marz Like that park your car at my house, I drive Mon to Fri, weekend you take back.....hhahhahahahha

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Is like that one, happen to me also and a few friends. My case was put up for sale, on the day of test drive the gear lever linkage broke.....lol

Yup, these cars are meant to be driven not a garage queen at all. Once past a certain age or mileage, many parts have to be refreshed. They wear out or break down on schedule. Unlike Japanese cars where they tend to stretch abit longer.

You don't service it cuz it's broken, you service it cuz you don't want it to break.

@s.marz Like that park your car at my house, I drive Mon to Fri, weekend you take back.....hhahhahahahha
WAhahahaha, your VR will be jealous!
Why are you selling your 5-series?
I don't drive as often since I'm using public transport for work (convenience), wife wants SUV since it's more practical just in case my family gets bigger, paying the 3.0 rtax while not driving as often is kinda a waste, considering the maintenance & other cost too.
I can probably go on with it but I don't wish to spend on unnecessary expenditure which can be used on something more useful.
It's bout fulfilling my needs than getting what I want hence the decision (for now).

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I don't drive as often since I'm using public transport for work (convenience), wife wants SUV since it's more practical just in case my family gets bigger, paying the 3.0 rtax while not driving as often is kinda a waste, considering the maintenance & other cost too.
I can probably go on with it but I don't wish to spend on unnecessary expenditure which can be used on something more useful.
It's bout fulfilling my needs than getting what I want hence the decision (for now).
If you're selling your BMW and buying a SUV, isn't that the same? I mean depreciation and maintenance still runs, unless you are doing off without a ride completely, then that's savings. I think the only thing you save is cheaper road-tax considering your new SUV is 2L'ish.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
If you're selling your BMW and buying a SUV, isn't that the same? I mean depreciation and maintenance still runs, unless you are doing off without a ride completely, then that's savings. I think the only thing you save is cheaper road-tax considering your new SUV is 2L'ish.
I didn't say I'm buying it new... and my mistake, it's a CUV :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience