Crazy Evo video I saw on Facebook, in Malaysia?

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand

lifted this from a Thai Mitsu facebook group, looks like in Malaysia by plates

I like to drive fast and have a little fun when there is no traffic about but this guy is insane and dangerous IMO

edit, could be HK, I think the plates look similar there??

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/41965515_250198255679979_2438614922372841472_n.mp4?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJybHIiOjQ4MCwicmxhIjo3OTEsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0=&rl=480&vabr=267&oh=02677395b99cb3a2a7215bb3cc2dfe30&oe=5BB370A2

I like to drive fast and have a little fun when there is no traffic about but this guy is insane and dangerous IMO
Yup, it's going uphill Genting Highlands, quite a favorite route among car guys for touge runs. These guys have done many videos like that, some videos starting further below from the bigger highway part (Karak Highway).

Reactions: jay_lancer

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Yup, it's going uphill Genting Highlands, quite a favorite route among car guys for touge runs. These guys have done many videos like that, some videos starting further below from the bigger highway part (Karak Highway).
I guess they know the road well, and definitely have skill's but mixed feelings watching it, would prefer to see it on a closed road (or at least with less regular traffic) IMO

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
genting highland road...

yes they were basically seeking thrill between other normal road user...

definately considered illegal....

just hope they dont involve other innocent road user

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
genting highland road...

There is this theory which i alway keep in mind even more as i am riding frequently nowadays. Accident is just waiting to happen when theere is huge different in speed between the vehicle using the road.

There is a video in YT showing a rider on Yamaha RXZ showing superbike rider 1 or 2 things about riding. Its an old video but i never got boring watching it. Dangerous...yes but its a good example of man+machine at its best.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Remember kids. Speed doesn’t kill. Immediate deceleration kills.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I guess they know the road well, and definitely have skill's but mixed feelings watching it, would prefer to see it on a closed road (or at least with less regular traffic) IMO
genting highland road...

There is this theory which i alway keep in mind even more as i am riding frequently nowadays. Accident is just waiting to happen when theere is huge different in speed between the vehicle using the road.
I also now already quite familiar with the roads there after going up and down several times already.

These guys most of the time do this at night after 10pm during weekends so the road is a bit clearer but of course still will have quite a bit of traffic like that coz Genting is a very popular spot for attractions (cool weather, the only place can do gambling legally, and now got outlet mall).

Yup speeding is when you go much faster than those around you, not so much about the absolute speed that you do. If you do 200+kph in Autobahn then that's normal coz the others are also doing similar speeds, but if you do 100kph in a 40kph zone then that's major speeding that has huge risk of accident.

There was one time the following car (which is a black Evo 9) almost got himself into an accident as he skidded just a bit during some of the fast S section but he managed to save it. Then there was another occasion when he almost hit a Honda City. The white Evo in front also once skidded just a bit wide into the gutter during a tight right hander on another video.

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
The problem is IMO if the guys driving really crazy at 10/10ths on a nice bit of public road with lots of regular traffic, if they have a big accident that makes the news, the police with patrol and put traffic enforcement camera's, maybe drop the speed limit....

Then it takes away that fun nice public road for the rest of the people who like fast and fun driving but only at 9/10ths when traffic is less....happened like that on many roads in the UK, they used to be fun to drive fast (but not crazy) but now drop the speed limit, put traffic cam everywhere etc :(

not so much in Thailand, max speeding fine here is 500 baht, no point system on the Thai licence, but just limited fun roads around where I live.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Is it me or does the video look a little fast forwarded?
Looks more exciting ma. After watching F1 cars lap Sepang, watching other cars do Sepang is like a snoozefest, when in actual fact its very fast already. Things are just relative to the people watching as they can't experience the G forces.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've met this group before. Really balls out driving, skills wise maybe not so much but the flame spitting evo is around 500whp, and his workshop is near Ulu Yum sooo....
The camera car black Evo is also workshop owner/mechanic in KL if not mistaken. At least they know Genting like the back of their hands so they can go very fast there.

The problem is IMO if the guys driving really crazy at 10/10ths on a nice bit of public road with lots of regular traffic, if they have a big accident that makes the news, the police with patrol and put traffic enforcement camera's, maybe drop the speed limit....

Then it takes away that fun nice public road for the rest of the people who like fast and fun driving but only at 9/10ths when traffic is less....happened like that on many roads in the UK, they used to be fun to drive fast (but not crazy) but now drop the speed limit, put traffic cam everywhere etc :(

not so much in Thailand, max speeding fine here is 500 baht, no point system on the Thai licence, but just limited fun roads around where I live.
Don't drive 10/10ths on public roads, not even 9/10ths, too risky. Always need to leave some margin of errors from the road condition and traffic.
This Genting route also not as fun as 8-10 years ago to be honest because now they put more speed breakers and speed bumps! The Karak highway though still pretty good for enjoying fast sweepers.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

good thing is a few spot hillclimb road is available for us here in malaysia where most of the time the road is empty...

another good thing is there is hill climb trackday will be held on january (exact date t.b.a later) at Bukit Putus road in Negeri Sembilan...

*trackday means the road is closed from public vehicle and only for competitor...

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018

edit, could be HK, I think the plates look similar there??
lol. it is in malaysia, i know who that is, and who that gang is. :marchmellow:

they definitely know what are they doing, but they're a bit shot in the head when it comes to driving uphill. but sometimes it is quite hard to justify why they can drive like that until you got used to sub-400hp cars. suddenly all the power you can use, you can accelerate and overtake in such a short distance, you can take a much tighter lines as there are insane amount of mechanical grip. *opened my eyes in a cayman gt4.

i wouldn't comment much because i myself also break the traffic rules sometimes.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
lol. it is in malaysia, i know who that is, and who that gang is. :marchmellow:

they definitely know what are they doing, but they're a bit shot in the head when it comes to driving uphill. but sometimes it is quite hard to justify why they can drive like that until you got used to sub-400hp cars. suddenly all the power you can use, you can accelerate and overtake in such a short distance, you can take a much tighter lines as there are insane amount of mechanical grip. *opened my eyes in a cayman gt4.

i wouldn't comment much because i myself also break the traffic rules sometimes.
You've got a refreshing username, avatar and signature, noticed the bright green lime from the forums main page, good stuff

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As a top Malaysian racer and on both four and two wheels, Adi Haslam was dealt a cruel hand by fate as a motocross accident in 1997 robbed him of his ability to walk and rendered him wheelchair-bound until the K4GP 24-Hours Endurance landed on our shores.

Forming his own team for the race, Adi was back behind the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience