Elantra Sport

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I know we're in Airtrekers forum but anyone here owns the current Elantra Sports? It's pretty promising from the 1.6L turbo churning out 203hp & 265Nm. 0-100 @ 7.7 secs with 7 speed dual clutch. Best of all after discounts, it's only 110k'ish and brand new....

I plan to get another car as my kids are going to college soon. Instead of getting a Myvi or something, why not I pay a bit more for this and get some fun from it. I'll still be keeping the RX-8 and HRV. They will use the HRV instead if I get this car...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
RM110k is a lot more than the Myvi.....lol
Specifications looks really good, But one thing, Korean second hand value is really terrible

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You really really need to love the Korean car to buy a Korean car. Cuz selling the car is no longer a consideration as it holds very bad value so unless you're buying second hand it'll be a major loss on your finances. I've only ever sat in the Elantra once and I like how comfy it is. Don't know about how it handles or anything cuz it was fully loaded with 5 adults, can't really compare.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You have a RX-8 and HRV, and you want this Korean DSG at 110k? Why not continental. 110k is not a bit more than a Myvi..its almost double bro.

I think a used Mk7 Golf GTi would make more sense, as
1.Its a used car, it already took the depreciation hit
2.Its a better car, more refined than the Korean, more powerful, more potential, AND the Golf GTi is the absolute benchmark, a jack of all trades but a master of none.
3.More aftermarket support, more parts availability

Reactions: alcyon and Tom

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hmmm...
Performance car....check
Runabout car....check

to complete it u need a 4x4.
May i suggest a used Pajero sport VGT...
Never own it but thats my target if i sold one of my car. There is this 'thing' abt driving a proper 4x4.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hmmm...
Performance car....check
Runabout car....check

Never own it but thats my target if i sold one of my car. There is this 'thing' abt driving a proper 4x4.
HRV quite proper 4x4 what
4 tyres x 4 adults

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
RM110k is a lot more than the Myvi.....lol
Specifications looks really good, But one thing, Korean second hand value is really terrible
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to really be an asshole about this statement. I should have mentioned that I initially plan for something like A-class or Golf GTi, however since my kids are going to university or college next year, it will be a big chunk of financials going there, that is why I am lowering my expectations to something more affordable to cushion the damage. Sorry bros....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You really really need to love the Korean car to buy a Korean car. Cuz selling the car is no longer a consideration as it holds very bad value so unless you're buying second hand it'll be a major loss on your finances. I've only ever sat in the Elantra once and I like how comfy it is. Don't know about how it handles or anything cuz it was fully loaded with 5 adults, can't really compare.
I watched some review in YT. It has straight line performance but when it comes to driving dynamics, it looses out to Civic Turbo. It's too comfortable and quiet, just like a big luxury sedan. That's what the comments is. You know, comfort and spirited driving don't go along.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
4 tyres x 4 adults
hahah...like that the pajero is 4x7 lah.

BTW my parents got a HRV. Drove it few times and it didnt come close to the feeling i had driving the old 1997 Pajero. SUV just not my cup of tea.

On Korean cars, i have never experienced a Hyundai before only Kia and i must say they are above the Japanese nowadays. Downside is the resale value and parts availability.

Reactions: stutzedward

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You have a RX-8 and HRV, and you want this Korean DSG at 110k? Why not continental. 110k is not a bit more than a Myvi..its almost double bro.

I think a used Mk7 Golf GTi would make more sense, as
1.Its a used car, it already took the depreciation hit
2.Its a better car, more refined than the Korean, more powerful, more potential, AND the Golf GTi is the absolute benchmark, a jack of all trades but a master of none.
3.More aftermarket support, more parts availability
I want something cheaper and more afford and most importantly, new. I really do not want a used or reconditioned car. My experiences with RX-8 (recond) and Airtrek (used), even though it's nice and exciting, but when it comes to repairs, hmm.... a bit headache lor...

YES, Golf GTi is what I want to have but not at this point lor.... maybe after my kids finish their degree....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hmmm...
Performance car....check
Runabout car....check

4X4 never really my cuppa tea... but if 4X4 is in the list, then it will be Ford. It looks so rugged. Hehehe... thanks for the suggestion. :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
4 tyres x 4 adults
HRV is quite a good car actually... damn good FC and quite powerful. I tested, 0-100kph with full tank fuel + my son on board, 9.3 secs! Pretty impressive right?

But the problem is, it is BORING!

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If want new car with >200hp and under 8 secs ZTH within just that rm100-120k budget, then no other choices lor!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
4X4 never really my cuppa tea... but if 4X4 is in the list, then it will be Ford. It looks so rugged. Hehehe... thanks for the suggestion. :)
What if i do it this way;

High performance fragile engine petrol car...check
Moderate performance frugal but boring 4x4 wannabe..check

What u need is a diesel 4x4. Diesel engine is much2 more robust than petrol. Its very powerful esp the modern diesel yet much more fuel efficient than petrol engine. Its FUN as u need to remember that u are driving a 2 ton vehicle with power it should never have considering its purpose. In my book, modern diesel 4x4 or pickup are just too powerful which is never a bad thing.

I wouldnt worry much when buying 2nd hand diesel 4x4 or pickup unless it has went thru serious offroading. Ford Ranger is nice but parts are not easily obtain.

If u still think these 4x4 or pickup boring, imagine yourself driving a pickup with a motocross strapped at the bed and heading to the dirt track. U can enjoy mild offroading then fly on the dirt track using your bike.

Still not confident enough...imagine when u are stuck in jam...i know well enough i want to be stuck in jam in my diesel 4x4 or pickup than my BLM.FC is much2 better.

Myself never understand diesel 4x4 or pickup truck before. But when my dad acquire an old Pajero (petrol) i fell in love. I am deeper in love when i borrowed my friend single cab hilux to move furniture to my new home. Modern diesel is amazing.

Pls consider this...go for a test drive at least as i am putting my work on hold writing this in order to convince u...hahahah

Reactions: stutzedward

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As shown in the pic...pls pls pls guide me how to take this air cond grill out :cry_smile:

Thanks in advance!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience