[DIY] Change a fuel filter

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I get no benefit after i change my fuel filter. Car still starts up the same, performance same,
only FC a bit worst then b4. And if i know i should'nt have fill the aircond gas also coz my
aircond is less cool now, big diff, and the compressor making weird noise. All due to one day,
i was pandai2 go look at the tiny window of the dryer unit and i notice it was bubbling.
I remember bubbling is no gd, it means not enuff gas. So i took car to shop and the
fellow let go the old gas which i think is r12 and he refill it with r134 (written on invoice)
and he ask me go look at the window again, see no more bubbling, i said ya ok perfect thanks.
Now very regret, aircond 3x less cold than b4 was chilling.

FYI: My car is a 1991 Saga AB Auto 1.5 Carb 12V Magma
Avg FC: 12km/L

Weird, highway FC is no better then city. Maybe due to the fact that at highway i go faster
and faster means too much wind resistance and drag from the poor aerodynamic design plus
the 3 speed engine is screaming already at 120km/h and my engine needs 3500rpm to get to
100km/h, very bad!

ayen_s

Jan 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My experience observing mechanic changing oil filter on my Proton Gen 2, fuel will come out from the fuel line. But very little.

Bro me2kimi, have you tried to open the fuel filter and look at the element? You can see dirt that coming from your fuel tank collected here.

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
what is the part number of the OEM fuel filter of AE111?
What brand is the new one you purchased?

Thanks.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Hey guys,
What about the fuel filter underneath the seat for the Vios dugong ?

Anyone has experience doing that maybe can share ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey guys,
What about the fuel filter underneath the seat for the Vios dugong ?

Anyone has experience doing that maybe can share ?
Fuel filter also need to change, probably 30 to 40k km. Can check also, remove the filter shake and pour out the fuel onto a white piece of paper. If plenty of dirt comes out, please change......lol

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Fuel filter also need to change, probably 30 to 40k km. Can check also, remove the filter shake and pour out the fuel onto a white piece of paper. If plenty of dirt comes out, please change......lol
The filter is called a fuel strainer also right ?
It's not that difficult to change right ?
Sorry bro many questions cause I saw a video on the Subaru fuel filter oh my goodness, this guy disassemble the fuel pump to fuel filter damn long son.
And also
Wanna clarify the previous vios before dugong same fuel pump assembly withvios dugong ?

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Lol 40k km. Gone lar my Vios,
The manual say 80kkm change filter.
I need to learn this asap so I can change it. Putting back the fuel pump and filter assembly don't need to use the gasket sealant right ?

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
You know where to buy fuel filter for the Vios ncp93 ?
I tried asking from a spare part shop, they sell the whole pump and assembly my, don't sell separately

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If filter together with pump, then sorry case, very expensive to change. So far for my fuel injected cars one located at undercarriage between driver and rear passenger seat. My other car filter is in engine compartment.
My VR, I have seen mechanic take out fuel pump before, it has an additional strainer before going in to the pump and actual filter is in engine compartment before going to the injectors.
I changed mine once at 40k km and was pretty dirty already. I shake and pour out on white piece of paper, plenty dirt came out.....lol
Whether can last 80k km depends how clean the fuel you pump into your tank. Usually if can see the truck delver fuel to the station, I won't pump because when when they pump into their underground tank, may churn the dirt up from the tank floor.....lol

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
If filter together with pump, then sorry case, very expensive to change. So far for my fuel injected cars one located at undercarriage between driver and rear passenger seat. My other car filter is in engine compartment.
My VR, I have seen mechanic take out fuel pump before, it has an additional strainer before going in to the pump and actual filter is in engine compartment before going to the injectors.
I changed mine once at 40k km and was pretty dirty already. I shake and pour out on white piece of paper, plenty dirt came out.....lol
Whether can last 80k km depends how clean the fuel you pump into your tank. Usually if can see the truck delver fuel to the station, I won't pump because when when they pump into their underground tank, may churn the dirt up from the tank floor.....lol
Wah, your VR got two fuel filter lol, double the protection.

Crap, the spare part shop seller at new era industries in old Klang road say they dont sell the fuel strainer only, he say sell pump and strainer together. That one quite expensive, I'm trying to find for the strainer only so I can protect the pump and injectors etc.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah, your VR got two fuel filter lol, double the protection.

Crap, the spare part shop seller at new era industries in old Klang road say they dont sell the fuel strainer only, he say sell pump and strainer together. That one quite expensive, I'm trying to find for the strainer only so I can protect the pump and injectors etc.
The strainer is an open filter. Quite coarse looking plastic netting. I think more to block big particles jamming the pump. The fine ones that passes through gets filtered but the filter in the engine compartment.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I believe all in-tank fuel pump has a filter at the pump itself but this one will only filter out coarse particle.
The additional filter will strain smaller particle.This filter is normally outside the tank which is very easy to replace,just remove and replace.be very careful not to damaged the hose plastic lock thing.
Being showered with petrol can be very refreshing if u dont position yourself out of the way when removing the hose.

Some car is using in tank filter like the Kenari. On the Kenari is even worse, as mechanic said need to drop the tank.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
I believe all in-tank fuel pump has a filter at the pump itself but this one will only filter out coarse particle.
The additional filter will strain smaller particle.This filter is normally outside the tank which is very easy to replace,just remove and replace.be very careful not to damaged the hose plastic lock thing.
Being showered with petrol can be very refreshing if u dont position yourself out of the way when removing the hose.

Some car is using in tank filter like the Kenari. On the Kenari is even worse, as mechanic said need to drop the tank.
I followed the fuel rail from my engine compartment all the way to the tank but I couldn't find the fuel filter :( although my owners manual says change fuel filter (including in tank). I'm assuming there is two that's why it's stated in the manual but so far I looked here and there in engine bay don't have.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anybody list down the body mastery art in kl and pj area?

those that can do art work like hand metal bending?
conversion of A to Z body form?

hope can list down so can hunt for good source
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience