Service Centre Not Using Their Own Product?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh, so this issue is not a rare case then. It is indeed a SC as it is the largest Toyota SC in Ipoh.

Now my mother is trying to find back the receipt from her previous service. She said she will highlight this issue the next time Toyota calls her to remind her about her service appointment.
But you service outside already, right?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Can't believe Toyota SC so nasty. They try to lower their cost by using other brand's oil filter and imagine one day how many cars went to service center. Somemore car owner seldom go down car underneath to see their oil filter. Bro Renesis, maybe you can check on your air filter too, hopefully it's Toyota air filter and not other brand.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But you service outside already, right?
Yeah. My family members keep telling my mother no point going back to SC since warranty is long over and they charge a lot for simple maintenance work. That day was the first time the car was serviced outside since bought new.

Can't believe Toyota SC so nasty. They try to lower their cost by using other brand's oil filter and imagine one day how many cars went to service center. Somemore car owner seldom go down car underneath to see their oil filter. Bro Renesis, maybe you can check on your air filter too, hopefully it's Toyota air filter and not other brand.
Few days ago, I checked my Vios at home and for that one, they are using Toyota oil filter. But haven't check air filter yet. Air filter I think they are using Toyota since they gave back the box and old filter to my mother last time. Otherwise, what else can they use? Daihatsu again?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah. My family members keep telling my mother no point going back to SC since warranty is long over and they charge a lot for simple maintenance work. That day was the first time the car was serviced outside since bought new.

Few days ago, I checked my Vios at home and for that one, they are using Toyota oil filter. But haven't check air filter yet. Air filter I think they are using Toyota since they gave back the box and old filter to my mother last time. Otherwise, what else can they use? Daihatsu again?
Only thing now, is why Daihatsu filters are in Toyota SC......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Today I found out it is not just the oil filter. Just now, the Avanza was brought to my mechanic to changes its brake pad and I found out that even the brake pads are Daihatsu pads instead of Toyota pads. This is getting more ridiculous.

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Clear Daihatsu stock......lol
Can't believe they are using this type of method for their lower end cars. I know that Avanza is actually more of a Daihatsu car and is also sold as a Daihatsu in few places. That doesn't mean that it should also use Daihatsu parts as I think the SC is charging Toyota price for Daihatsu parts.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can't believe they are using this type of method for their lower end cars. I know that Avanza is actually more of a Daihatsu car and is also sold as a Daihatsu in few places. That doesn't mean that it should also use Daihatsu parts as I think the SC is charging Toyota price for Daihatsu parts.
I don't see any issues, since Toyota owns Daihatsu and since you mentioned Avanza is basically a Daihatsu. Parts are inter changeable and cheaper to produce. Even in electronics, my ex company JVC say Flat Screen TV have parts from Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic and so on. There are so many parts that each individual company do not produce all of them, by themselves, but instead interchange.....lol:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
toyota/daihatsu/perodua all part interchangeable... no problem...

same like proton using mmc parts... :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If compared to Toyota?
Same diff.. No difference. Except service center charges more than usual due to overhead costs. I bought Daihatsu parts for my Kelisa (long time ago) and the bloody engine mounts costed RM800. Daihatsu Japan ori parts are not cheap but comparitively they last pretty long.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I don't see any issues, since Toyota owns Daihatsu and since you mentioned Avanza is basically a Daihatsu. Parts are inter changeable and cheaper to produce. Even in electronics, my ex company JVC say Flat Screen TV have parts from Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic and so on. There are so many parts that each individual company do not produce all of them, by themselves, but instead interchange.....lol:biggrin:
I get your point but for expendable parts like oil filter and brake pad, I'm sure Toyota have their own parts. My mechanic was able to get Toyota parts for both but I really wonder why SC choose to go for Daihatsu parts.

toyota/daihatsu/perodua all part interchangeable... no problem...

same like proton using mmc parts... :biggrin:
Yeah, I know they are interchangeable but if what if in reverse, you bought in a Lancer for service and they gave you Inspira local parts as replacement? :biggrin:

Same diff.. No difference. Except service center charges more than usual due to overhead costs. I bought Daihatsu parts for my Kelisa (long time ago) and the bloody engine mounts costed RM800. Daihatsu Japan ori parts are not cheap but comparitively they last pretty long.
I've heard before that a set of 3 engine mounts on Kenari and Kelisa can cost like the price you mentioned before.

Regarding the brake pads that has been taken out, my mechanic said that on one side of the wheels, the pads are still thick while on another side, the pads are almost worn out. But the brakes are not jammed at either side.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where's the fun of buying a complete car bryan. im sure ur orange supra came from a stock supra! LOL

i think the stock photos is around here somewhere, look, here it is!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience