new goal 600 bhp

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Like from my NA transplanted to turbo I had to beef up the suspension. Will a 200bhp going to 600bhp need more serious beefing up?:driver:
If your chassis was originally made for a 150hp'ish engine, beefing up the suspension and brakes may be sufficient for below 250hp. However if you're gonna cross over to 300hp mark, chassis rigidity must be considered. Some strip the car totally naked and re-weld all the factory spot and added roll cage bal bla bla. Then you need also think about changing all the bushes and upgrading the lower arm etc. You have to do that before thinking about going to 600hp. At least this is what I would do if I want to push it to 600hp mark.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If your chassis was originally made for a 150hp'ish engine, beefing up the suspension and brakes may be sufficient for below 250hp. However if you're gonna cross over to 300hp mark, chassis rigidity must be considered. Some strip the car totally naked and re-weld all the factory spot and added roll cage bal bla bla. Then you need also think about changing all the bushes and upgrading the lower arm etc. You have to do that before thinking about going to 600hp. At least this is what I would do if I want to push it to 600hp mark.
Then is a serious mod dy, totally like prepare for track race......lol:biggrin:

jesam

Known Member
Jul 8, 2015
cyprus
Hey thanks for the comments but i have been building up to this for a year and a half engine has been built to take 600 bhp no problem all running gear is RS and 5 speed rs gearbox i am sure something will pop up that we did not foresee but hey shit happens lol and we are going to use a garrett gen 2 turbo maybe the link ecu or motec not sure yet and going to change front brakes to ap racing we will see what happens when we get it back on the dyno its going to be fun to see how far we can push this build

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey thanks for the comments but i have been building up to this for a year and a half engine has been built to take 600 bhp no problem all running gear is RS and 5 speed rs gearbox i am sure something will pop up that we did not foresee but hey shit happens lol and we are going to use a garrett gen 2 turbo maybe the link ecu or motec not sure yet and going to change front brakes to ap racing we will see what happens when we get it back on the dyno its going to be fun to see how far we can push this build
In Cyprus, have open road to run your 600hp monster? :driver::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Sir I'm planning to Turbo my 4G93 SOHC. I have Mitsubishi lancer 2006 model with me. I'm not Malaysian but I live in Malaysia as a student. My brother is doing this project in my country Pakistan. Currently in Pakistan Mitsubishi Lancer 2003 model onwards are equipped with 4G15 the new generation. Which is without distributor and is with equipped with two coil. Currently I have swapped 4G93 SOHC the new generation which is also without distributor. The engine came with automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience