Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Phone no fun. Limited screen. Hahahaha...
I agree. To coincide with this old school thread, I prefer using PC to surf the web more than phone or any mobile device. PC is still the old school way. :biggrin:

More difficult to type and post in ZTH using phone too.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It seems that after I posted this, the E23 7 series was brought back inside the workshop and currently sitting on top of a car jack. Maybe the shop fella got visit ZTH and saw this post.
7 series give me also don't want loh......hhahahhahah:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
7 series give me also don't want loh......hhahahhahah:rofl:
This one old 7 series can register as classic car for cheap roadtax if want. :biggrin:

I don't know why there are less old 7 series running around but I have actually seen more old S class going around and well maintained. I guess when it comes to really old classic, people prefer Mercedes more than BMW over here? For BMW, the oldest that I can normally see would be those 1980s model like E30.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This one old 7 series can register as classic car for cheap roadtax if want. :biggrin:

I don't know why there are less old 7 series running around but I have actually seen more old S class going around and well maintained. I guess when it comes to really old classic, people prefer Mercedes more than BMW over here? For BMW, the oldest that I can normally see would be those 1980s model like E30.
Expensive to maintain. I actually have quite a few friends driving beemer those days, mostly 3 series, a few on 5 series. When new and fairly new it is pretty okay, but in later years plenty of problems will crop up. Oh! I remember another friend who did have a 7 series, but got rid of it after the 7th year...:hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Expensive to maintain. I actually have quite a few friends driving beemer those days, mostly 3 series, a few on 5 series. When new and fairly new it is pretty okay, but in later years plenty of problems will crop up. Oh! I remember another friend who did have a 7 series, but got rid of it after the 7th year...:hmmmm:
Maintenance cost for BMW can be higher than Mercedes? I thought they should be almost the same.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not sure of newer Mercedes, but the older ones were tough. Friend still have the very old 280S...lol
I can tell that older Mercedes are quite reliable. I still see a lot of those old large type Mercedes truck being used for heavy work. Those kind of truck are probably older than 30 years old.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I can tell that older Mercedes are quite reliable. I still see a lot of those old large type Mercedes truck being used for heavy work. Those kind of truck are probably older than 30 years old.
That is why you will see more old Mercedes than old beemer.......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I can say that Merc are more reliable than Beemer.
Why?
Whats the most brand you see being used as higher management car...Merc
Whats the car used more as taxi....Merc

You can have an S class for around 20-30k which is a bargain.Just bear in mind you are owning an S class which comes with S class cost of maintenance.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Saw this at mudah recently. Damn nice and for quite a good price too. I've sat in a similar Legacy before but that one is one generation older. BC chassis but front part and engine converted to this 2nd generation BD parts. Using EJ20TT. Too bad it is an auto for the one that I sat before.

I can say that Merc are more reliable than Beemer.
Why?
Whats the most brand you see being used as higher management car...Merc
Whats the car used more as taxi....Merc

You can have an S class for around 20-30k which is a bargain.Just bear in mind you are owning an S class which comes with S class cost of maintenance.
I think so too that Merc are more reliable than BMW. I've heard quite a lot of stories regarding BMW problems.

W220 S class for 20-30k?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think so too that Merc are more reliable than BMW. I've heard quite a lot of stories regarding BMW problems.

W220 S class for 20-30k?
I think the trend was set those days already. Chinese taukey sure buy Mercedes, create an acknowledgement of being Boss......lol:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

W220 S class for 20-30k?
gunnerzz did mentions class comes with s class maintanance, but i wana really stress it, S class maintanance, jangan main main ya.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys... any1 know where to get transparent rod for makin angel eye ???
:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience