proton wira convert evo 4 / 5 . Possible ?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I take it that the new wiring has to run from outside of the beam; likely under the carpet. Did you have to drill a new hole to insert it back into the beam?
the original wiring for my car actually ran under the carpet (its recessed) then up one side into a hole. its this section where everything was foamed,
-had to dig through alot of foam to get it through :motz: didnt do any drilling cause thats just potentially asking for trouble
-used a screwdriver to slowly dig a hole from the outside half way and another hole from the inside the rest of the way
-push a wire through and that was it.

Main difficulty was that the cable had to snake through the foam in the hole. (still wonder how i managed to push the cable through that 90 degree bend, pure luck? :hmmmm:) There are probably better ways of doing it but yeah end of the day job done, still does through the original pathways..

not really an issue with everyone's cars, some cars have the switches higher up so those should be safe, its just that my switch was unfortunately located below the foamed sections.
oh ya... someone else got their sunroof drainage blocked.... i dont know how, apparently the drainage tube going down the A piller got pinched or blocked somehow...:confused:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
well....got pro and cons. Foaming is better alternative.
If chassis welding illegal, full stop. Who know, accident then want to claim...:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
well....got pro and cons. Foaming is better alternative.
If chassis welding illegal, full stop. Who know, accident then want to claim...:banghead:
Just as an FYI though, some insurance companies will not pay if your car is foamed too cuz it's impossible to fix if banged up.

Seam welding is just strengthening existing stock welding points or weakened ori welds. Or just sell your car and buy an original Satria R3 car which comes pre-welded by the R3 boffins. Or the Satria Neo Clubsport which is welded and roll-caged by R3 and both cars are completely road legal.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh as a idiot myself, I have to tell you if you choose to foam - go with Autofoam the original foam. Anything else is a waste of time and money (even though cheaper).

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Foam doesn't strengthen the chassis in a significant manner
Defnitely, but it does help to a certain extent i guess... My friend's car has been rear ended badly, after foaming it does strengthen the chassis quite abit. But again that's an old chassis that has been rear ended. Probably the result aren't as significant on modern chassis which is already quite stiff to begin with.

dont even bother with welding...

foaming, make sure its done properly and it's alright i guess..... keep in mind, it's an irreversible process with its fair share of pros and cons.
pro: strong (played with excess foam before, for the most part i guess it does the job
con: in an accident, the chassis might not give way as expected by the manufacturer. The car feels harsher, messy and not easy to clean up. Also, makr sure you know your chassis well, any wiring/drainage might get buried or blocked. In some cars, the door switch is located pretty low down, in my case, this cable got buried... its fine while it works but one fine day it snapped.... and it was an absolute pain in the arse rewiring it.
yeah that's the cons to it. Pray hard that nothing goes wrong hahaha.

Oh as a idiot myself, I have to tell you if you choose to foam - go with Autofoam the original foam. Anything else is a waste of time and money (even though cheaper).
Agreed

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Just as an FYI though, some insurance companies will not pay if your car is foamed too cuz it's impossible to fix if banged up.

Seam welding is just strengthening existing stock welding points or weakened ori welds. Or just sell your car and buy an original Satria R3 car which comes pre-welded by the R3 boffins. Or the Satria Neo Clubsport which is welded and roll-caged by R3 and both cars are completely road legal.
really depends on how bad its hit... if bent outtashape... ohh habis (then again, one really would not want to drive a car with that kind of damage anyway)

and you are also right... get it done by somebody reputable.

Thanks. One of my door switches no longer working. Was wondering how I should go about fixing it
yang ni actually very easy....
-first find where the problem lies, switch or wiring.
-pull the rubber cover off the switch, its usually a simple plastic switch held on by a screw and one wire (grounded directly onto the chassis, if it falls off in your hands like mine did well figure out how to connect it)
-just do a continuity test by the switch, if switch works, wiring, otherwise its the switch (iirc, complete circuit when the button is released, pressing it breaks the circuit).

after that, either replace the switch OR just start pulling the car apart (cant explain here, dont know what u drive, just some plastic trim, carpeting, thats about it)

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Just about to get foaming, well i did have some thought on accident scenario, how bad would it be with the chassis is strengthen by foaming :hmmmm: , looks like will go with UR bar then.

Pv6 with evo also has nice G pulling it at 1.1bar..hahaha cant imagine in wira.:burnout:

welding the existing welding point should be legal right ? nanti xboleh jual kereta pulak:bawling: ..
plan to do at welding point surround the engine mounting point.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Defnitely, but it does help to a certain extent i guess... My friend's car has been rear ended badly, after foaming it does strengthen the chassis quite abit. But again that's an old chassis that has been rear ended.
Rear ended by a 7 series ...

Insurance paid for the repairs ...

When car came back, rear right wheel when jacked up is higher than the other side

The wheel tilts inwards. Not driveable. Caused by this ...

Spent the last few months parked idly while I tried unsuccessfully to find it a new body. In the end took a chance and had it repaired by another shop. Now feels okay but I still have some engine work to do before I test it proper

Attachments

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Rear ended by a 7 series ...

Insurance paid for the repairs ...

When car came back, rear right wheel when jacked up is higher than the other side

The wheel tilts inwards. Not driveable. Caused by this ...

Spent the last few months parked idly while I tried unsuccessfully to find it a new body. In the end took a chance and had it repaired by another shop. Now feels okay but I still have some engine work to do before I test it proper
oh wow... thats a really bad crash...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry, to see your car in that state.....:smokin:
How come during Insurance repair that was not done properly?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry, to see your car in that state.....:smokin:
How come during Insurance repair that was not done properly?
Lol. . .I wish I know. It was a real mess when I got it back. Had enough of waiting for it. Preferred to fix it out of my own pocket. Wheel hub was damaged. So replaced with new

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heres the answer to all your minor dents, bumps, bruises and scratches... say good-bye to them as Dr. Dent The Automotive Perfectionist is here to restore your rides away from dents and bruises.

Call Williard Yong at 012 238 1010 for a free consultation
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience