Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Which dyno are you going to get your car tuned?

If dynojet, at 1.2bar also normally hits around 260-270whp only, 300whp definitely need 1.5 bar but then the durability of your stock turbo will be affected.
I would say is, just get a bigger turbo
Dynojet. "Normally"means normal setup/similar setup to my mods??

Bigger turbo, would 20g sufficient upgrade? bigger turbo means need to have supporting mod internal parts.?. :hmmmm::hmmmm:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Which dyno are you going to get your car tuned?

If dynojet, at 1.2bar also normally hits around 260-270whp only, 300whp definitely need 1.5 bar but then the durability of your stock turbo will be affected.
I would say is, just get a bigger turbo
curious to know, will a TD05 20g reach 300hp?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
air path
intake > maf > turbo(cold) > (bov) > throttle body > bang bang > (waste) > turbo(hot) > fart fart

edit:ehh wait.... am dumb @x@
damned....
intake > maf > turbo(cold) > bling bling infront > (bov) > throttle body > bang bang > (waste) > turbo(hot) > fart fart
The MAF and BOV is optional though. I've seen some turbo setup without MAF at all. Directly taking in air from the compressor itself.

As for BOV, I think that is optional. Stock engines mostly uses a bypass valve to reroute the air before the turbo itself.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The MAF and BOV is optional though. I've seen some turbo setup without MAF at all. Directly taking in air from the compressor itself.

As for BOV, I think that is optional. Stock engines mostly uses a bypass valve to reroute the air before the turbo itself.
maf.... they should ahve the maf or map sensor.... really depends on the ecu....

bov is usually installed... (btw its installed, after the turbo) otherwise you will have that wupwupwup fluttering sounds (some say this isnt a good practice)
imagine a senario where you suddenly release the accelerator when on boost, the butterfly valve is prettymuch closed and the air has to go somewhere. If there is no bov to release it its got one other way out, the way it came in. The built up preassure would force the air back out the turboopposing the compressor's spin (wont spin backwardslah) compressor surge isnt great @x@

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
maf.... they should ahve the maf or map sensor.... really depends on the ecu....

bov is usually installed... (btw its installed, after the turbo) otherwise you will have that wupwupwup fluttering sounds (some say this isnt a good practice)
imagine a senario where you suddenly release the accelerator when on boost, the butterfly valve is prettymuch closed and the air has to go somewhere. If there is no bov to release it its got one other way out, the way it came in. The built up preassure would force the air back out the turbo basically trying to get the blades to spin backwards opposing the compressor's spin (probably wont spin backwardslah) compressor surge isnt great @x@
I mean reroute the charged air to before the turbo itself. I left out the word 'to' earlier. I understand how BOV or by pass valve works. They are normally at the piping after the intercooler and before the throttle.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I mean reroute the charged air to before the turbo itself. I left out the word 'to' earlier. I understand how BOV or by pass valve works. They are normally at the piping after the intercooler and before the throttle.
My BOV before intercooler woh!

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Dynojet. "Normally"means normal setup/similar setup to my mods??

Bigger turbo, would 20g sufficient upgrade? bigger turbo means need to have supporting mod internal parts.?. :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Yes, that was what I meant. Because that was the amount I got :biggrin:
20G is definitely sufficient to hit 300whp easier with lesser boost. If you want to remain stock turbo, you will need supporting mods to bring it closer to the target such as performance cams to name a few.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Eh? Possible to set it like that? Then that means the air that has been cooled by the intercooler will travel backwards to the BOV when the throttle is closed?
asalkan post turbo and before throttle can dah hehe

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
asalkan post turbo and before throttle can dah hehe
Then what about those compressed air between the throttle and past the intercooler? They'll probably go backwards into the intercooler again because the pressure before the intercooler is lower after BOV releases the air?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav dis prob... cold start its jus so hard to start da car... onli cold start, once da engine is warm enuff, no prob startin da car alr... y ar?

also, sometimes when i leave mah car idle... for 5 mins max to 10 mins, sometimes mah check light comes on... y? sometimes when i rev it a lil or move da car, check lgiht also on... SOMETIMES ONLI... can it b ecu? air flow been changed few times... still same prob...

dis is a GSR wif gti dashboard, so i dunno how complete are da wirings... also...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience