Nissan Teana on Steroids! 2017 NISMO Performance Package Is Here

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
What’s the deal?

Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) today proudly announced the global premiere of the new Nissan Teana NISMO Performance Package. The NISMO Performance Package for the Nissan Teana is the latest upgrade option for Nissan models in Malaysia, with 2 packages to opt for; NISMO Performance Package and/or the NISMO Aero Package.

Exclusively unveiled by NISMO racing drivers Tsugio Matsuda and Ronnie Quintarelli, the Nissan Teana NISMO Performance Upgrade is available for all Nissan Teana variants and can be had in 5 body colours, namely Storm Blue, Diamond Black, Tungsten Silver, Bronze Gold and Brilliant White. With the unveiling of the car, it also made Malaysia the first country in the world to offer the upgraded Nissan Teana through Nissan showrooms.

Nissan Teana NISMO Performance Package

Engine:
QR25DE 2.5-litre DOHC with Twin CVTC 4-cylinder in-line
Power: 173hp at 6,000rpm
Torque: 234Nm at 4,000rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmissions: Next generation X-CVT with Driver Sport and Eco Mode
Dimensions: 4,885mm (L), 1,830mm (W), 1,485mm (H)

What do you get?

The performance package comprises of 2 options, each with a host of NISMO’s motorsport-derived exterior panels that are manufactured strictly in accordance to NISMO’s standards, apart from making the Teana sharper and a more stylish sedan.

The upgrades for each package are listed as follows:

1. NISMO Performance Package (RM16,960)

• NISMO Front Bumper Spoiler
  • NISMO Rear Bumper Spoiler
  • NISMO Side Skirts
  • NISMO Trunk Lid Spoiler
  • NISMO Sport Springs
  • NISMO Exhaust Finisher
  • A set of NISMO LMX6 18-inch Alloy Wheels
  • A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres

2. NISMO Aero Package (RM6,201)

• NISMO Front Bumper Spoiler
  • NISMO Rear Bumper Spoiler
  • NISMO Side Skirts
  • NISMO Trunk Lid Spoiler
  • NISMO Exhaust Finisher

Elsewhere, the Nissan Teana NISMO Performance Package is essentially similar to the car it is based on. The company’s global sedan model is awarded Best Overall Car in the ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix Award 2016 with 5-star ratings in both Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and Child Occupant Protection (COP).

The Nissan Teana 2.5XV is capable of delivering 173hp and 234Nm of torque while the 2.0XL and 2.0XE churns out 136hp and 190Nm of torque. The performance is guarded by an array of safety features which include 6 SRS airbags and Nissan’s Electronic Stability Control system, known as VDC (vehicle dynamic control), TCS (traction control system) and AUC (active understeer control).

However, the fitting of NISMO Sport Springs, 18-inch alloy wheels and Michelin’s latest Pilot Sport 4 rubbers is expected to give the Teana a livelier and sharper ride, thus making the Teana worth wearing the NISMO badge.

The Nissan Teana NISMO Performance Package are factory-fitted with the following Nissan Global Quality Standards and comes with 3 years or 100,000km warranty (whichever comes first). For more information, kindly visit Nissan showrooms nationwide or log on to www.nissan.com.my.

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Looks nice but should've done some performance upgrade too under the hood!
Btw that Nismo rims, is it forged rims like as all those previous Nismo rims made by Rays?

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What performance....? I don't get a haircut and call it a handsome package.. If this is called "performance" then the normal car is what.. poverty pack?

And if one were to drag race the normal car and this "performance package" one side by side, I am sure the normal one would win.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What performance....? I don't get a haircut and call it a handsome package.. If this is called "performance" then the normal car is what.. poverty pack?

And if one were to drag race the normal car and this "performance package" one side by side, I am sure the normal one would win.
Hahaha maybe cornering/handling performance la. :biggrin:
Maybe should've named it, "Handling Package" instead.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Because all show and no go mah! Spoiler, Skirting, exhaust finisher.....fuh!
That's why I said for handling coz got much better & bigger tires and sport springs. If the Nismo rims are forged then good also coz should be very lightweight.

Anyway suited for Malaysia market, coz most want gaya only leh. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Most of the time is called Sports package......lol
Sport, fair enough lah. Suzuki Vitara also got Sports version. LOL.

Hahaha maybe cornering/handling performance la. :biggrin:
Maybe should've named it, "Handling Package" instead.
Should call it MYTB package. Macam yes tapi bukan. Comfort will suffer -- low profile tyres, sport spring. Handling will improve, with those PS4 tyres, of course.

Nismo Exhaust Finisher, wtf is an exhaust finisher. Niamah. You mean exhaust garnish, cause its all show no gooooooo.

Seriously, I like how Nissan is bastardising their Nismo branding.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sport, fair enough lah. Suzuki Vitara also got Sports version. LOL.

Should call it MYTB package. Macam yes tapi bukan. Comfort will suffer -- low profile tyres, sport spring. Handling will improve, with those PS4 tyres, of course.

Nismo Exhaust Finisher, wtf is an exhaust finisher. Niamah. You mean exhaust garnish, cause its all show no gooooooo.

Seriously, I like how Nissan is bastardising their Nismo branding.
Hahaha exhaust finisher is just exhaust tip la! :biggrin:

Same like what Toyota is doing to the TRD branding, mostly body kits and rims, sometimes got suspension upgrade like this. Even AMG is also somewhat bastardized already like this where you see just normal Mercs but got AMG package branding for body kits and rims only but at least Mercs still have the real AMG beasts manufactured in their product line up.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Same happen to Wald branding. Suppose to modify the performance but what they did was cosmetics only......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
cosmetic gain more profit. Dun need to crack head on what engine, suspension, handling.....etc.
Like my x-gear, i bought the 1st batch. After like one year, new batch come with tiny cosmetic upgrade.
Price increase by rm6-7k for newer look...:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
cosmetic gain more profit. Dun need to crack head on what engine, suspension, handling.....etc.
Like my x-gear, i bought the 1st batch. After like one year, new batch come with tiny cosmetic upgrade.
Price increase by rm6-7k for newer look...:hmmmm:
New look is face lift. If add package like Sports, Performance, the price jump even more......lol:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone explain? y?

as i noe its due to :
1) oil pump (faulty)
2) insufficienet engine oil

wat other causes??? anyone noes?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience