4g93 GDI-Turbo

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
How much power/torque can this engine product over stock with just an ecu remap, and light mods such as a performance air filter with still keeping it reliable.

It is about 160 BHP as standard right?

I have heard it is not easy to do big upgrades on this engine because of the way the fueling system works but is a small power increase to about 180-200 BHP achievable with minor mods and a remap?

Also are there any reliability issues with this engine?

does it run OK on 95 octane fuel? because this is the best commonly available here in Thailand.

Thinking this would be the best engine to swap into my Lancer cs3a m/t, but a few people on forums have said this is not a good motor??

I am not looking for big power, just want a healthy increase over my car's current engine which is a standard 4g18.

many thanks for any input or suggestions.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
its not the motor that have problems....

but more towards the standard tiptronic gearbox...need good care of the fluid and clutch system...

as for tuning, anyone with enough experience in tuning direct injection system, should be able to produce good and reliable power/torque figure

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Thanks for the reply

yeah this threads confirm what else i read, the GDI not good to modify later, but the non GDI CM5A GSR 4g93 turbo is harder to find in good condition here now, and I don't need much more power than stock (I think the roads in Thailand too much power is not safe and also if I go too much power I need upgrade more of drive train).

Just want a reliable more powerful stock engine for more fun driving and safer overtaking, I am not trying to make a drag car or racing car.

Another option is to boost my 4g18, it runs good standard, uses no oil but has covered 180,000 km already, can find shop's here with experience of this also but hard to talk to them sometimes because my Thai is basic level only and not all the technician speak so much English.

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
its not the motor that have problems....

but more towards the standard tiptronic gearbox...need good care of the fluid and clutch system...

as for tuning, anyone with enough experience in tuning direct injection system, should be able to produce good and reliable power/torque figure
I am hoping to use my existing manual gearbox, (not use the tiptronic box from a halfcut, buy the engine only) I think this engine will bolt up to my existing 4g18 manual box (gear box code F5M411), I prefer to drive manual, just like the feeling of control changing up and down the gearbox and working the clutch myself, I am from UK and most sporty cars come with manual :)

many thanks for your reply

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I am hoping to use my existing manual gearbox, (not use the tiptronic box from a halfcut, buy the engine only) I think this engine will bolt up to my existing 4g18 manual box (gear box code F5M411), I prefer to drive manual, just like the feeling of control changing up and down the gearbox and working the clutch myself, I am from UK and most sporty cars come with manual :)

many thanks for your reply
i'm not sure if the transmission will bolt up...u need to double check on that....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody pls help me to look around this car has been stolen yesterday nite at Tmn Molek 8++....Just used for a few months.Thanks
if anyone saw this car pls call 0127342188.It is in blue colour...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience