Mazda 3 Noise driving on uneven road

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Do you need so strong braking in the rears? Already have 4 pots in front.....:driver:
Have to check chop shop loh......
Eh i think i need to balance out the brake force distribution. When i do hard braking or any sudden brake, the rear part slides out a little. The skid is very manageable but somehow does not feel good if i am doing trail braking into corners. Furthermore the rear stock calipers now rattling alittle so its a good reason to mod :rofl:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
aaaaaaaaaaaaand the thread starter has disappeared.

In my personal opinion, until we physically see the car, everything we say will only be speculation.

How old is the Mazda 3? Which model? Was it ever in an accident? Which side is the sound coming from? Does it sound metallic or just a wooden thud noise? How to replicate the sound? Does it only happen on a certain type of road?
Exactly, noise is the toughest thing to check on in a car.......:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh i think i need to balance out the brake force distribution. When i do hard braking or any sudden brake, the rear part slides out a little. The skid is very manageable but somehow does not feel good if i am doing trail braking into corners. Furthermore the rear stock calipers now rattling alittle so its a good reason to mod :rofl:
Rear slide could mean the rears locking before the front too. My VR does that, but my tyres are old and harden....:bawling:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Rear slide could mean the rears locking before the front too. My VR does that, but my tyres are old and harden....:bawling:
Yeah thats could be it but i could not hear any tyre screeching sound though. I only did a little lift off oversteer through a corner because the rear brake was locked up and sliding action coming in. I lifted throttle and brake off then apply light throttle with neutral steer and pray not to hit the walls. In the end i've executed a lift off oversteer :stupid:. I need to mod the rear for more balance drive.

Back to the topic, tracking suspension noises are serious pain in the ass. TS has disappeared from this topic, guess he either found his solution or simply forgot to check back. In my advise, typical new car suspension's noise mostly are from the stock struts and shocks. Speaking from experience of coz.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah thats could be it but i could not hear any tyre screeching sound though. I only did a little lift off oversteer through a corner because the rear brake was locked up and sliding action coming in. I lifted throttle and brake off then apply light throttle with neutral steer and pray not to hit the walls. In the end i've executed a lift off oversteer :stupid:. I need to mod the rear for more balance drive.

That's because of weight transfer. If the front 4 pot is much harder braking but not yet locking/sliding, then the rear end lift up hence loose traction. If you want to do trail braking when entering a corner and since you're using automatic car, better use left foot braking then it can be more balanced as your right foot can still be on throttle to power out and neutralize the oversteer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros, I'm driving a Honda City 2009 auto tranny. Everything is still stock except changing to drop-in filter. Planning to change to to open pod filter. Is it advisable to do so or should i just stick back to drop-in. What other things I can change?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience