Looking for body car painting

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
playing old skool cars aren't exactly cheap, or those faint-hearts. For instance, classic celica prices are skyrocketting to 40 to 70k these days. Depending on the restored condition, or how ori the car is.

I just saw a TA22 car sold, with other goodies at mudah, asking for 30k if not mistaken. So, if everything fixed up, expect it to be hovering at 50k mark.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Meaning Only do it if u have dough bro..that's y if u notice countries like d US in particular they spend shit loads on old rides...but d result is way better then new cars...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes bro the thug is if u get s car sandblasted n weld/replace d effected panels then it wld definitely last like new..but it comes at a high price x doubt bout it
High price is worth it if the car will be kept by the owner for long. If kept for a short time and reselling it again, then that is worth it for the new owner. :rofl:

playing old skool cars aren't exactly cheap, or those faint-hearts. For instance, classic celica prices are skyrocketting to 40 to 70k these days. Depending on the restored condition, or how ori the car is.

I just saw a TA22 car sold, with other goodies at mudah, asking for 30k if not mistaken. So, if everything fixed up, expect it to be hovering at 50k mark.
Need to be cautious as well when buying restored cars. You won't know what parts and stuffs that the current owner spent on the car. It will be a nightmare if the owner decided to cut cost on restoring the bodywork and problems from inside start to arise 1 or 2 years later after buying the car.

sham7117

Apr 10, 2016
Shah Alam
Bro..I run a paint shop in Sri kembangan n honestly there is no such thing as cheap but good quality..reason being in paint different choice of materials used means different costs..low/in house brand material means low costs whereas if u choose branded n already renowned/proven means a more higher costs..eg. u can get a 1k job but after some time d paint faulty OR a 2k job n d paint lasts at least 5 yrs...apart from that it depends on d condition of ur car..more work (rust job,body knocking etc) means more costs..n so on n so forth..
Thank you very much for the response bro. I definitely understand that but as a consumer, we are looking for good quality with reasonable price. That is the aim.
FYI, my car is Chevrolet Optra 1.6A gold color. Its already 11 years old and it had so many sentimental value (memories) with family and I wish to keep it good. I would like to re-paint the car and using all the coating system. I was looking for little bit dark brown to replace the gold color.
May you provide your estimate quote for outside painting and outsite/inside painting. You may email me directly to [email protected].

Very much Thanks bro

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Meaning Only do it if u have dough bro..that's y if u notice countries like d US in particular they spend shit loads on old rides...but d result is way better then new cars...
Looking at Overhaulin, in US many parts can be bought outright and fitted plug and play for many types of old cars, but not here....:rolleyes:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
sob so.. read about tust, i lagi takut now.... i takut, under the skin, there might be some rust here and there..... so far, the body shop near my house says, if ada pun, cant tell yet cause it isnt really showing on my car

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
sob so.. read about tust, i lagi takut now.... i takut, under the skin, there might be some rust here and there..... so far, the body shop near my house says, if ada pun, cant tell yet cause it isnt really showing on my car
Yes unfortunately it's true...unless u have d car sandblasted there's (almost) x indication at all...sad but true

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yeah but then it be too late to do anything...can try but no guarantees :(

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I recall seeing this laser rust/paint remover tool that zaps paint and rust off very quickly. I wonder if that laser will reach KL anytime soon. Then sandblasting would be a thing of the past and rust removal would be super fast.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
huhuhu i cry when hearing all this..... sob sob.... pray to god, no issues with mine~~ :saint:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I recall seeing this laser rust/paint remover tool that zaps paint and rust off very quickly. I wonder if that laser will reach KL anytime soon. Then sandblasting would be a thing of the past and rust removal would be super fast.
N x to mention super expensive...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If some ppl think that sandblasting oredi expensive, then laser treatment will be out of the question....

wongth7

Mar 2, 2007
bro fazidk..u run a paint shop??...can quote me price to paint my mvi? :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to fit a evo motor to my neo either a 1.8t or a 2.0t i can find any info on the swap and ive been looking for weeks,

i really want the 2.0 in but want i want to know is what gearbox is used? also are the mounts the same? im guessing not but want to make sure.
the lad who is doing my car has a twin engine c2 , awd with over 500whp so he knows what he is doing but i want to get everything before we start.

or is the 1.8t an easier job?

hope someone can help as i want to get this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience