Air filter

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
theres alot of brand...usually neo owner uses drop in air filter

brand : K&N, works but im using pipercross brand
get it from performance shop or from mudah, its plug n play

for open pod, no idea which is which as i do not use 1...

Open pod if left in engine compartment need to build heat shield also, if not suck in hot air only.....

Open pod looks good (some performs well at certain parameter, some say this sort of filter makes nice induction sound), but during bad traffic jam, the filter suck in hot air....

Drop in performance filter would be better...

Open pod looks good (some performs well at certain parameter, some say this sort of filter makes nice induction sound), but during bad traffic jam, the filter suck in hot air....

Drop in performance filter would be better...

That is why CAI is important. Some place open pod out to bumper area with long intake hose....:driver:

near bumper area is one way to catch cool air. But be careful not to pick up dirt.....and might easily clog the filter.

Whatever the case, please use filters, whatever the type, cheap or expensive, ori or not. Some sohai completely threw away their filter (becoz of "race car" mar).....and managed to suck in foreign things in the process.

Open pod if left in engine compartment need to build heat shield also, if not suck in hot air only.....

yups...and even R3 race car uses drop in...open pod are not helping

near bumper area is one way to catch cool air. But be careful not to pick up dirt.....and might easily clog the filter.

Whatever the case, please use filters, whatever the type, cheap or expensive, ori or not. Some sohai completely threw away their filter (becoz of "race car" mar).....and managed to suck in foreign things in the process.

Open pod still have the filter at the front end or some call mushroom head filter.
No filter suck in foreign matter get extra oomph and may go kaboom......hahhahhahaha:rofl:

Open pod still have the filter at the front end or some call mushroom head filter.
No filter suck in foreign matter get extra oomph and may go kaboom......hahhahhahaha:rofl:

or sucking in water, from puddle splashes during heavy rain...

NA engine that suddenly runs "Water injection". Surely ommphh!!!

or sucking in water, from puddle splashes during heavy rain...

NA engine that suddenly runs "Water injection". Surely ommphh!!!

In the bumper actually quite safe from these water splashes. Main thing should be flood water, because so low down.....:smokin:

I don't think open pod will b a good idea. I wil try on works air filter. I have seen a dyno test research that using original air flow will b good in performance compare to open port.anyway tq seniors.

I don't think open pod will b a good idea. I wil try on works air filter. I have seen a dyno test research that using original air flow will b good in performance compare to open port.anyway tq seniors.

Drop-in will suffice. If you lazy to do clean/wash/oil, then get the works stainless steel. Later on, get a hose and join it with the intake, and place a hose further away from the engine (i.e. in front of bumper). Then the engine will be able suck in outside air which is cooler instead of hot air from engine bay.

Drop-in will suffice. If you lazy to do clean/wash/oil, then get the works stainless steel. Later on, get a hose and join it with the intake, and place a hose further away from the engine (i.e. in front of bumper). Then the engine will be able suck in outside air which is cooler instead of hot air from engine bay.

If use drop in filter, most original hose already draws air from outside, right?

If use drop in filter, most original hose already draws air from outside, right?

Depend on cars. Not all has a intake place at the bonnet. Like mine, is just a box in the engine bay. So i have to DIY a hose to the bottom of the headlights. So the air it sucks is not from the engine bay.....

Don't use stainless steel mesh type filter coz it basically would not filter much at all! Even foam type filter also not so good in filtering. Better use the cloth or paper type filters.

For me, cloth filter that are servicable/reusable (like k&n or similar) in more cos/effective...in the long run.

Don't use stainless steel mesh type filter coz it basically would not filter much at all! Even foam type filter also not so good in filtering. Better use the cloth or paper type filters.

If normal use then yes, cloth and paper filters are better, but if want high performance they need filter with larger opening but then filtering for sure is less....:biggrin:

If normal use then yes, cloth and paper filters are better, but if want high performance they need filter with larger opening but then filtering for sure is less....:biggrin:

Not really. The test I've read was comparing various popular filters. They compared K&N washable, APEXi dry cloth, HKS foam, Blitz metal, and an original paper filter. The result was the APEXi provided the best filtering AND surprisingly also matching the rest in terms of power gains over the original filter! K&N came 2nd providing about the same power gain but just slightly more dirt and oil penetration. HKS next with pretty dirty result, then the Blitz was like very dirty and both these filters also surprisingly did not provide additional power over the APEXi or K&N! So in summary using the metal and foam filter is not recommended coz nothing special in terms of power gain yet the filtration were bad.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom