How to remove Stained aka water mark from glass

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - How to remove Stained water mark from glass

Waterspot or watermark is a very common problem. Most cars are constantly being subjected to the Daily harshness of acid rain, Contaminants in the air, Hard water, etc and Left off drying in the blazing sun. moreover it is so irritating to see the watermarks on the glass and it is dangerous to drive especially in rain

Hard water stains, or acid rains and other minerals in your water.

While these stains are hard and tough to be removed, there are several cleaning and prevention methods that can help get your glass back into sparkling condition.

how to check for water spots

use a damp cloth to do aquick wipe - spot will appears and use this to check for uncorrected stains

take note

some commercial car wash uses

1. ACIDS - they are quick and most effective - Muriatic acid or hydrochloric acid is very dangerous......To remove hard water spots from your glass might be a nightmare.You had to buff with hard ... Hydrofluoric acid is a dangerous chemical and if you have asthma or any breathing disorder....which some "so call reputable" detailing centre uses

q
warn against using hydrofluoric or hydrochloric acids to remove water spots on glass. Not only are they dangerous to glass, but they are dangerous to the employees
2. Osren Glass polish - with 3M sanding foam- effective but requires lots of elbow grease

3. Machine polish - Cutting with Meguairs Compound M105 with Meguairs Cutting Foam pad Speed - 3with Makita between 1200-1500, gently with generous misting with water....never use force or let the product dry

Then Finishing with Meguairs Polishing M205 with Meguairs Cutting Foam pad - Speed - 3with Makita between 1200-1500....repeat if necessarily

tools requires
1. polisher
2. Compound/polish
3. flood light
4. misty spray bottle
5.Tape - you do need to tape the rubber parts ...least it get whacked during your correction
6. I uses Meguiar's D12001 Glass Cleaner Concentrate for final inspection and removing all polishing residues and oil Glass coating - for protection

opsssss....window stains

ehhhh

use a damp cloth to do a spot check for stains

i wouldnt sure if I would do the glass coating on these stains

before

after correction M105 and polishing with M205

always

use a damp cloth to do a spot check for stains
before

after

remember tools # 5.Tape - you do need to tape the rubber parts ...least it get whacked during your correction

final inspection

polish residues is hard to remove - at times.......use damp cloths ...effective and safe your time to check for uncorrected area

i use damp cloth to wipe

let it dry prior uses Meguiar's D12001 Glass Cleaner Concentrate for final inspection and removing all polishing residues and oil Glass coating - for protection

conclusion

I would strongly urge you to avoid this
Also encourage you to choose where you park? SHADE under tree.....mango tree saps! dripping down water from yourroof? leaking pipes or ceiling at apartments??

taking up your ownership !!! and be proud of your ride!
have fun and wish you all the ......to your attempt

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, has any1 herd about the sinspeed piggy back mod chip..??? i bought 1 off ebay, havent fit it yet.. but it just clips straight on ur AIT (i think) ait intake tempurature valve or something and it works by tellin ur comp that its takin in colder air and therefore the computer produces more power... im about to fit it on my 4agze that im bout to drop in2 my in my 1992 ae92r gti corolla... just wonderin if any1 has herd bout it or has it and if or how well it works??

it was actuallly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience