Buying a kiaforte

Nov 30, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all, currently I'm thinking to buy a second hand used Kia forte, but there's many rumours saying that the car have many problems like gearbox, dashboard and etc. is that true? I'm thinking to buy 2010 4x or 2011 6x . Any suggestion ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all, currently I'm thinking to buy a second hand used Kia forte, but there's many rumours saying that the car have many problems like gearbox, dashboard and etc. is that true? I'm thinking to buy 2010 4x or 2011 6x . Any suggestion ?
Every car model and brand has their lemons. Make sure you thoroughly test the car before buying.

Personally I find the Forte quite a good car. Especially the 2.0. Plenty of space, plenty of power and quite an interesting drive. Only thing is the expensive parts. But cars of this level usually aren't cheap anyway.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Every car model and brand has their lemons. Make sure you thoroughly test the car before buying.

Personally I find the Forte quite a good car. Especially the 2.0. Plenty of space, plenty of power and quite an interesting drive. Only thing is the expensive parts. But cars of this level usually aren't cheap anyway.
Buying second hand Kia will surely be cheaper than H, T, N....:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
even a brand new BMW has many flaws too, it all boils down on how does the previous owner take cars of the car, take your time searching around for one, probably better to get from direct owner as they will tell u the car's history, service records etc....selling price might be slightly higher than those used car dealers but able to negotiate the price lower at times.

buying the forte from a used car will prone to have issues later on, as the car salesman hides the problem currently on the car, so the best is to test drive & look thoroughly on the car's condition.

good luck.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, unless u know the car well. Was thinking of getting a used car last time. Get back the same one as I have at home. At least I know the car well enough to be able to check thoroughly. Though there are still things that I might not be able to check and only will be able to know after maybe 1 - 2 weeks of driving.

Older cars easier to check IMO not much electronics.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for mentioning this. I almost forgot to check for rust on the body. Now need to be extra careful in choosing one.
Even check for repainted marks/signs. Check for any oil leak stain in the engine bay and undercarriage for rust or leaks.

Check spare tyre compartment too. Also those door rubber can remove a bit to check it u want.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1. Wet carpets
2. Damp smell
3. Check under the carpets (not floor mat)
4. Pull down the door rubber thingies to check
5. Check the boot and spare tyre well
6. Check undercarriage (bring torchlight) and look for holes/rust

Basically scrutinize the car inside out. Start the engine and drive slow with the car in gear, floor it to see how it shifts, listen for noises and rattles and lastly walk away from any seller that refuses to let you strip the carpet or rubber liners.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So many choices, why a Kia Forte?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1. Wet carpets
2. Damp smell
3. Check under the carpets (not floor mat)
4. Pull down the door rubber thingies to check
5. Check the boot and spare tyre well
6. Check undercarriage (bring torchlight) and look for holes/rust

Basically scrutinize the car inside out. Start the engine and drive slow with the car in gear, floor it to see how it shifts, listen for noises and rattles and lastly walk away from any seller that refuses to let you strip the carpet or rubber liners.
I have seen them dismantle everything from inside, cleaned, dried and fitted back looks like new woh!:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

So many choices, why a Kia Forte?
Cheaper, I think....:rolleyes::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is cheaper indeed but still got many other choices within range wor xD

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have seen them dismantle everything from inside, cleaned, dried and fitted back looks like new woh!
Actually - if they did that then it's all fine. Just look for rust and ensure engine runs smoothly. Half the reason why people don't buy flooded cars is because the cleaning is a hassle mah

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually - if they did that then it's all fine. Just look for rust and ensure engine runs smoothly. Half the reason why people don't buy flooded cars is because the cleaning is a hassle mah
If I know is flooded car I would not buy even if cleaned up nicely....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

tinking of an doin n engine swap in jaybee pondering between visworks n speedworks any bros here any reccomendations cos price wise i feel jaybee more competitive but i dunno wat to do when inspection time comes cos they cannot help mi "pass" unlike some sg workshops where alot of ppl says can be done under table lol! some civics recc mi HV but heard pricing wise not much diff from visworks n they dun really do my type of car so pls advise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience