Need Advice: Rims & Tyres 15" ; Cheras

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
Hey guys,

Glad to be here! My first post and hope to get your precious advice & experiences. ;)

I'm planning to change my Rim and Tyres very soon (latest by this Friday) before I go for long distance travelling to JB. I'm in Cheras area and now using 13" Tyres.

Any good recommendations for Rims & Tyres (Hankook ME02) for 15". I currently have one workshop offer RM 1,450 for both Rims & Tyres + Free alignment and balancing. Is it a good go? Any good workshop around or nearby?

Some said there are some shops say their Rims made inTaiwan but actually are from China. How do you differentiate?

Any difference of Fuel Consumption between 13" and 15" tyres? My car is Wira 1.5 Auto.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks! :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That budget should be able to get you the Advanti Storm series 15" rims + some decent rubbers like Hankook v12 or Neuton N8000 or the Achilles ATR Sport tyres. Won't be able to get you the Michelin PS3 or Toyo tyres.

Highly recommend you buy lightweight rims, 1.5L Auto Wira will suffer with heavy rims both in acceleration and braking.

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
That budget should be able to get you the Advanti Storm series 15" rims + some decent rubbers like Hankook v12 or Neuton N8000 or the Achilles ATR Sport tyres. Won't be able to get you the Michelin PS3 or Toyo tyres.

Highly recommend you buy lightweight rims, 1.5L Auto Wira will suffer with heavy rims both in acceleration and braking.
Hi Izso,

Any recommendations for the shop that I can get the Rim and Tyres mentioned? I need a good workshop with good experience.

Hear from you! ;)

Thanks for the info!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Izso,

Any recommendations for the shop that I can get the Rim and Tyres mentioned? I need a good workshop with good experience.

Hear from you! ;)

Thanks for the info!
If in KL try Kean Lee Hin in Jalan Ipoh. They are Advanti dealer. Others I know are in PJ

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
If in KL try Kean Lee Hin in Jalan Ipoh. They are Advanti dealer. Others I know are in PJ
Thanks vr2turbo! I read good review on them and contacted them last night. Very fast response and seems good to go. Will go and check it out... :)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
im not sure bout tyres but if u looking for cheap rims u can check out the branch in Rawang, forgot the shop name but
check out in mudah.

wat pattern/design u looking for? Enkei RP01 or RPF1 looks awesome.

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
im not sure bout tyres but if u looking for cheap rims u can check out the branch in Rawang, forgot the shop name but
check out in mudah.

wat pattern/design u looking for? Enkei RP01 or RPF1 looks awesome.
I don't have specific design. As long as it is safe and stable. :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For me, Rawang too far. Have to cost in Petrol, toll, time etc.....:biggrin:
Go Rawang eat their steam fish. Fuh. Ichiban. And then might as well go get rims and tyres since it's "on the way". :biggrin:

FastEric : My suggestion is to never consider "Replicas" that look like the original, feel like the original, even has the original sticker but isn't original. You're better off getting rims that have a functional purpose rather than looks alone. Lightweight lightweight lightweight.

If you have the budget the original Enkei RPF01 is very good and way lighter than anything out there (15"). If not too much budget Advanti and Konig have lightweight rims as well, though slightly heavier than Enkei's one. And anything above 5kg is too heavy.

:biggrin: :slug:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Go Rawang eat their steam fish. Fuh. Ichiban. And then might as well go get rims and tyres since it's "on the way". :biggrin:

FastEric : My suggestion is to never consider "Replicas" that look like the original, feel like the original, even has the original sticker but isn't original. You're better off getting rims that have a functional purpose rather than looks alone. Lightweight lightweight lightweight.

If you have the budget the original Enkei RPF01 is very good and way lighter than anything out there (15"). If not too much budget Advanti and Konig have lightweight rims as well, though slightly heavier than Enkei's one. And anything above 5kg is too heavy.

:biggrin: :slug:
This comment helps me a lot...will just save up for better and more worth it rims. Shouldnt rush it. :biggrin: Unless can find 2nd hand Advanti Storm or Konig :love:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rawang steam fish not nice leh to me lah! Peel road one much better and no need go so far.....hhahhaha:biggrin:

As for rims/tyres, some say rims cheap, tyres not, or if tyres cheap, trade in lower. Got pros and cons.
Then there is the trouble of going back if you have alignment and balancing problem. If not pay extra to get it done at your usual place.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I am helping a friend to recover his car. He traded his Satria Neo Lite for a Saga FLX using a used car dealer and things went bad from there. Apparently the dealer along with both car has been missing after my friend has signed the bank loan agreement for the new car. The best part is, Proton centre has not received his old Satria yet. Things has been going on for quite some time now. All police reports, e-mails to Proton HQ, lawyers & phone calls has been made but still no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience