Cars to buy with a budget of rm90k or less?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
1.4L Swift.. uh.. underpowered. New Jazz is a much better buy.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I have 1 local and 1 korean..and if i have a small budget below 90 and really want a car.. i will go for Preve..engine strong enuff to play2 at highway hehe..if MPV maybe add a bit more and get Odyessey..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I have 1 local and 1 korean..and if i have a small budget below 90 and really want a car.. i will go for Preve..engine strong enuff to play2 at highway hehe..if MPV maybe add a bit more and get Odyessey..
But but but.. got website review say Exora better comfort than Odyssey wor! WAHHHH Exora godlike! Beat Odyssey! All the Exora Club owners raving about the review as if it was the best written piece since the bible.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
suprima is a better choice then preve.
sporty and suits young executive.
however its still a Proton and maintenance is on the high side wif cvt, timing belt etc.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
however its still a Proton and maintenance is on the high side wif cvt, timing belt etc.
How is Suprima more sporty than Preve? Exact same 0-100km times. Exact same chassis. Am I missing something?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How is Suprima more sporty than Preve? Exact same 0-100km times. Exact same chassis. Am I missing something?
Preve is Sedan? xD

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Okay, is hard to actually give u too many options, since u r seriously buying, maybe test drive all cars within that range and then come back to us with only 2 or 3 options on which one to choose.

If not, you will end up in a dilemma and dunno which car to buy and this thread will drag for as long as your dilemma goes...

Kia Rio, if you want something different. RM73K+- But I still think either the City or the Pick Up truck will be a good choice. But then again if you are gonna maintain the car urself then better not a Pick Up Truck.

If u r maintaining urself, a local car would be a better choice cuz is cheaper to maintain.

Suzuki Swift, well too bad is only 1.4L now and is not as nice as before. Except for the swift sports which is beyond your budget.

You can try Proton Inspira. Tell your parents, just the batch is local made, others is not 'exactly' local made especially engine is Mitsubishi Lancer ones :biggrin: 1.8L
Should be badge instead of batch...

With an Aisin Seiki (Toyota Group) gearbox? Wahahahaha. German tech my 67 also German tech. Putting a German badge on a Japanese gearbox doesn't make it German tech.

Likewise, putting Proton badge on a Mitsubishi lancer doesn't make it a local car. I've said before, Proton Inspira is the best bang for bucks car brand new. People shun it cause of the Proton badge. Oh well.

90k budget only, want new car.. other than Japan.. Korea la.. Kia Rio, Kia Cerato..how about AMERICAN? Chevrolet Sonic..
Agree on this.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Usually parents but I feel that he don't fancy local cars too. But Inspira is not bad ma. Lots of parts to mod.
Last week my aunt wanted to buy a new car. I was suggesting Inspira over and over again. But she kept saying no proton, no proton. Now end up buying Vios J auto. :banghead: Maybe I should do something to my car and challenge that new Vios...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Last week my aunt wanted to buy a new car. I was suggesting Inspira over and over again. But she kept saying no proton, no proton. Now end up buying Vios J auto. :banghead: Maybe I should do something to my car and challenge that new Vios...
Challenge what challenge? Use pubic hair to challenge?

When you buy car.. APA LAGI LU MAU????

Of course, you buy a Toyota Vios, because IT'S EVERYTHING
Got STYLE, got DESIGN, got PLEASURE. Best of all, you show that you made it in life. You can afford a Toyota. You don't have to buy local crap.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Challenge what challenge? Use pubic hair to challenge?

When you buy car.. APA LAGI LU MAU????

Of course, you buy a Toyota Vios, because IT'S EVERYTHING
Got STYLE, got DESIGN, got PLEASURE. Best of all, you show that you made it in life. You can afford a Toyota. You don't have to buy local crap.
Performance challenge la.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Even a lowly Myvi 1.5L will beat the Vios in acceleration and straight line speed. With big enough balls, Myvi will also beat the Vios in cornering. But that's not the point here! People who buy Vios wants DRIVING PLEASURE. Diu, look at Britney Spears, does she look like she cares how fast you go? She wants to be pleasured. People who buy TRD Vios wants to drive slow enough so other people can see the TRD badges! Why in the world would a Vios driver accept your performance challenge, I have no idea.

Clearly, you do not understand and you do not own a Vios. Only people who made-it-in-life drives a Toyota, and a Vios at that.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
90k budget only, want new car.. other than Japan.. Korea la.. Kia Rio, Kia Cerato..how about AMERICAN? Chevrolet Sonic..
Only thing good about the Sonic is the awesome dashboard. Everything else is bad. Parts take months to come in, warranty is slow, 1.4L makes the car slow and FC is terrible. I really don't like the car. Oh did I forget to mention that resale value is ZERO?

Even a lowly Myvi 1.5L will beat the Vios in acceleration and straight line speed. With big enough balls, Myvi will also beat the Vios in cornering. But that's not the point here! People who buy Vios wants DRIVING PLEASURE. Diu, look at Britney Spears, does she look like she cares how fast you go? She wants to be pleasured. People who buy TRD Vios wants to drive slow enough so other people can see the TRD badges! Why in the world would a Vios driver accept your performance challenge, I have no idea.

Clearly, you do not understand and you do not own a Vios. Only people who made-it-in-life drives a Toyota, and a Vios at that.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yah man.. only people who made it truly understand!!

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Well i havent seen yet suprima is souped up to be sporty..unless the tengku djan version..but preve have lots of example otr..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Your argument made so much sense until it made other cars from BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi look redundant. :top:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Only thing good about the Sonic is the awesome dashboard. Everything else is bad. Parts take months to come in, warranty is slow, 1.4L makes the car slow and FC is terrible. I really don't like the car. Oh did I forget to mention that resale value is ZERO?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yah man.. only people who made it truly understand!!
Sonic only the hatchback one is nice. Especially the one in latest transformers.
Same like the cruze. Body big and heavy but given a puny 1.8L engine. Acceleration is real bad.

Sonic should at least sell in 1.6 L variants