Cars to buy with a budget of rm90k or less?

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching
I want to ask all the experienced forumers here regarding which car to buy within a budget of rm90k or lower. 90k is the most i can afford. I'm seeking for a "4-door,good size,decent performance,first hand(recon is considerable),non-local brand,no suv,not a vios" car.

Anyone here can help me suggesting what car should i buy.

Thanks in advance,a real fresh newbie here.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So no 2nd hand cars? Only brand new?

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching
So no 2nd hand cars? Only brand new?
yup,no 2nd hand.. actually the loan is on my parents,and they set it as 90k max. they set some of the rules such no 2nd hand and no local brand. i just graduated,so i assume it is a graduation present perhaps or whatever it is.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
ford fiesta eco boost 1.0??
engine win many award
but its 93,888

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yup,no 2nd hand.. actually the loan is on my parents,and they set it as 90k max. they set some of the rules such no 2nd hand and no local brand. i just graduated,so i assume it is a graduation present perhaps or whatever it is.
Since Myvi is out of the list. Students' cars are usually Vios or the Myvi. Oh! Now there is one more to add to the list. Almera.

Since parents is paying, then just choose any that is close to RM90K :rolleyes:

I think u can consider Ford Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost. Roadtax cheap. and is RM93,888. Slightly more than what your parents set for u. But i think should be fine.

If not then the Honda City. But for young ppl like u, surely love the design of the Sports Car Toyota Vios. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thanks for the suggestion. did consider this also before but the price is against me and didnt really like the design though.
Then settle for Vios TRD. Should be ngam ngam within RM90K, the design of the exterior and interior can WOW your friends already. Feels like sports car too :listen:

Cuz u stated performance ma, so some recommended the Fiesta Eco Boost :love:

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching
Since Myvi is out of the list. Students' cars are usually Vios or the Myvi. Oh! Now there is one more to add to the list. Almera.

Since parents is paying, then just choose any that is close to RM90K :rolleyes:

I think u can consider Ford Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost. Roadtax cheap. and is RM93,888. Slightly more than what your parents set for u. But i think should be fine.

If not then the Honda City. But for young ppl like u, surely love the design of the Sports Car Toyota Vios. :biggrin:
yeah,that's the plan..aiming for the car that has the price nearest to the so called "max" budget.
almera is not bad either,will consider this suggestion.

for god sake idk why i'm really against vios,but i just dont like it. is it too mainstream or other factors which i couldnt yet identify. so,right now my eyes is stuck on honda city, and a bit of honda jazz.

any other cars which may not be too mainstream on the road which may meet my criteria(s)??

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Then settle for Vios TRD. Should be ngam ngam within RM90K, the design of the exterior and interior can WOW your friends already. Feels like sports car too :listen:

Cuz u stated performance ma, so some recommended the Fiesta Eco Boost :love:
might reconsider this. but still a vios. haha..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeah,that's the plan..aiming for the car that has the price nearest to the so called "max" budget.
almera is not bad either,will consider this suggestion.

for god sake idk why i'm really against vios,but i just dont like it. is it too mainstream or other factors which i couldnt yet identify. so,right now my eyes is stuck on honda city, and a bit of honda jazz.

any other cars which may not be too mainstream on the road which may meet my criteria(s)??
That's ermm...rare. Majority hates the design of the Almera even with the IMPUL or Nismo bodykit doesn't make it more handsome, just not that ugly. Shape still fugly.

Vios, ya many on the road but design wise, hate to say Vios is the nicest to me among Honda City and Almera.

Anyway, just go ahead for the Honda City. I think no regrets on that.

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching
That's ermm...rare. Majority hates the design of the Almera even with the IMPUL or Nismo bodykit doesn't make it more handsome, just not that ugly. Shape still fugly.

Vios, ya many on the road but design wise, hate to say Vios is the nicest to me among Honda City and Almera.

Anyway, just go ahead for the Honda City. I think no regrets on that.
i said almera is okay due to the price is cheaper i guess(is it?) even the design isnt that appealing. And hate to admit that everything u said about vios is undeniable.

Um,any other cars? or other manufacturers sides from japan?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
how about a pick up truck?
its not an suv so its worth a look
u can get the macho look and lots of space at the rear for u to expand yr imagination.

i know u mention must be non local so the mitsubishi Lanspira is actually worth a look...hehehehe
the 1.8 model of course.2.0 is beyond yr budget.

me personally,i will go for the biggest engine i can afford.and by afford i mean the maintenance and all.
roadtax is no big deal as its once a year.
dont believe me about bigger is better?
ask bro vr2turbo to swap his vr with a kelisa for his daily ride.....
he will say the kelisa is nice and good fc but thats only for
the 1st day.

if pickup is not yr taste then city is the one u should have.
vios and almera?even if u beg me to test drive it, i will gladly settle with my old ride.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i am looking at purchasing a RX-8, which i am aware that it is a rotary and fuel hog. Its just for my weekend drive. Manual transmission is around RM50k. The cons would be, no matter what the previous owner says about the engine, it may still fail and i would be looking at a rebuild at about RM8k or transplant, which is about 12k. The pros about a manual transmission RX-8 at this price range would be that it is maintained well than the much lower priced ones.

Alternatively if i get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience