[DIY] Easiest DIY of all - how to change engine oil

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
last weekend changed my kancil brake shoe wit try & error method, since doing it alone for the 1st time I didn't had the chance to take pictures of process. took me 4 hours to manage to finish it when it should be faster than that if let them mechs do it. it all went smooth for the right hand side, just an hour I think but all went havoc for the left hand side, no problem opening it but to install it back caused me problem. y coz 1 of the item with the spring popped out & I manage to install it back but the wrong way. I put it back like the right hand side but actually it's like the mirror side of it. how did I know, I re opened the right side compare them parts & :banghead: 2,3 times & manage to finish it. maybe I could cut back an hour if I used my other 2T bottle jack in kelisa instead of using them bricks:banghead::banghead: & luckily no other parts r damage. it's not that hard for kancil but don't know with others cars, next my kelisa, hope it's the same method. but all in all, anything diy is truly satisfying.
Wah, i changed my brake pads myself but shoes are on a whole different level.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
like I said for kancil its quite easy but for bigger cars maybe mechanism is on a whole different level edi
Bigger cars normally will have disc already in the rear, but then the disc also can be very different but still easier then shoes.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ATF I think more complex, can use in PS but not the other way around....

I use PS fluid or ATF for my K & N last time....
Ya as oiling like you said right? My KNN i just wash and reuse already. Didn't oil.
Might get some ATF to use it as oiling. Since I have leftovers for servicing kelisa haha!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, K & N filter, the filter element have very coarse opening, so need oil to trap fine dirt....
Damn la, means need to buy the oil then.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Yup, K & N filter, the filter element have very coarse opening, so need oil to trap fine dirt....
I went Commando style for my 206....running trumpet without any filter on it....damn kao brave the mech said to me...1st time he sees people running trumpet on 206...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Put netting or ladies stockings in the front......:biggrin:
I got put my wife stocking but it somehow tear open after a week....Then I put 2 layer....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need some suggestion from you guys
1)Suzuki swift sport / suzuki swift
2)Honda civic es 2.0
3)Toyota vios
i'm not really pro about car.http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/stupid.gif
My budget is around 75k - 110k
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience