anyone using nitrous in daily driven car here?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
turbo like i said,i had gone through it lots of time and long time ago, should say since i am still stick "P" on my windscreen.. so now, using stock na plan to have some secret under the hood... i dont mind refill it when my legs and fingers are itchy :biggrin: i dont expect much gain like turbocharged, but i do saw vios with 35hp nitrous gain 35hp and 50nm on wheel.. i hope to get that at least... just hope it will be reliable and last longer as a turbo charged engine if done and tune right.. provided dont always spray it wildly :biggrin:
Turbo engines actually should last long if done properly too. So for you to use NOS now after previously using turbo is like going backwards IMHO. But if you want an extra juice with lower cost, then NOS should suite your purpose as that's the cheapest forced induction bolt-on compared to turbo or SC kits. Not sure how much gain would be reliable enough though.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
turbo like i said,i had gone through it lots of time and long time ago, should say since i am still stick "P" on my windscreen.. so now, using stock na plan to have some secret under the hood... i dont mind refill it when my legs and fingers are itchy :biggrin: i dont expect much gain like turbocharged, but i do saw vios with 35hp nitrous gain 35hp and 50nm on wheel.. i hope to get that at least... just hope it will be reliable and last longer as a turbo charged engine if done and tune right.. provided dont always spray it wildly :biggrin:
Oic.. Gudluck then

Make sure u hv forged internals coz NOS is another form of force induction

And cost a lot more than d other 2

Gudluck.. Do update us :wink:

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Turbo engines actually should last long if done properly too. So for you to use NOS now after previously using turbo is like going backwards IMHO. But if you want an extra juice with lower cost, then NOS should suite your purpose as that's the cheapest forced induction bolt-on compared to turbo or SC kits. Not sure how much gain would be reliable enough though.
NOS cheapest ka? I tot its d most expensive

Coz NOS 1 refill got a few shots

Turbo n supercharge 1 time install, unlimited shots :biggrin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
nos is the cheapest form of force induction...
its only good for high hp gain...for the price..

dont compare with reconditioned turbo or supercharge..

starting from RM3000 you can get wet kit...30hp up to 100hp...
if you consider very low boost for many occasion it would be expensive...
refill normally RM180-200...but if you rent the mother tank it would cost around RM60-80 per refill...still expensive..

with 50 shot you could get around 4 minutes of boost...

with wide-open-throttle switch, window switch, afr monitoring, dual solenoid, it should be safe..
the only problem is very high torque..because the shot does not proportional to rpm..

some race team use nitrous to test their engine strength..increase shot until it fail...very easy and instant power gain...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Am I correct to assume that all NOS installation are considered illegal when the car is used on public road?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
nope...its legal...i don't see any illegal on it..

maybe the tank installation need approval..but its not combustible gas...
pressure i'm not sure..don't think its very high pressure..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Any tuner bro out there to verify that NOS installation to a stock car is legal in the eye of the law?

Illegal or legal question, can we say LPG and NOS setup is similar? If course, the HP gain from NOS is tremendous compared to the weedy LPG..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Nitrous oxide is a non flammable gas

Read here Nitrous oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It provides more oxygen to d engine thus making it capable to burn more fuel & make more power

I think it's legal coz d 'bahan bakar' is still petrol..

NGV need to register coz different 'bahan bakar' already

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nos is the cheapest form of force induction...
its only good for high hp gain...for the price..

dont compare with reconditioned turbo or supercharge..

starting from RM3000 you can get wet kit...30hp up to 100hp...
if you consider very low boost for many occasion it would be expensive...
refill normally RM180-200...but if you rent the mother tank it would cost around RM60-80 per refill...still expensive..

with 50 shot you could get around 4 minutes of boost...

with wide-open-throttle switch, window switch, afr monitoring, dual solenoid, it should be safe..
the only problem is very high torque..because the shot does not proportional to rpm..

some race team use nitrous to test their engine strength..increase shot until it fail...very easy and instant power gain...
Uh... NOS is force induction meh? :confused:

Dude, it's not force induction related at all.

Nitrous oxide is a non flammable gas

Read here Nitrous oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It provides more oxygen to d engine thus making it capable to burn more fuel & make more power

I think it's legal coz d 'bahan bakar' is still petrol..
It's not legal. Getting caught with it will probably land you a fine but they can't do anything more than that (like ask you go inspection).

Anyway - to the thread starter : I have a friend who ran his modded NA Wira 1.6 with NOS. According to him it was the biggest mistake of his life. You'll constantly get tempted to pretty the 'happy button' and the addiction is worse than a smoker going cold turkey. Unlike Turbo/SC cars, you'll get used to the power eventually. But with NOS it's instant gratification with a push of a button. Until you have to refill the can, which is about RM280 per refill, and in the case of my friend - it was a weekly refill. Lekat kerusi feel is very tempting.

In the end he took out the set and now it's with another friend of mine in his Accord. I don't know if he kept it there or not but that was his daily drive. Oh and btw, the NOS did havoc to my friends Wira internals. Pistons were burnt crispy on the top side and the piston ring wear was terrible. It really kills the internals and halves or quarters the life span of your engine.

Anyway, lesson learnt is if you're gonna spend money installing a NOS kit for your daily drive and have shitloads of money hiding under your bed, go ahead! Install it! Instant gratification!

If you don't have shitloads of money, suggest you spend it on a FI kit or getting a bigger turbo for bigger kicks.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Uh... NOS is force induction meh? :confused:

Dude, it's not force induction related at all.

It's not legal. Getting caught with it will probably land you a fine but they can't do anything more than that (like ask you go inspection).

Anyway - to the thread starter : I have a friend who ran his modded NA Wira 1.6 with NOS. According to him it was the biggest mistake of his life. You'll constantly get tempted to pretty the 'happy button' and the addiction is worse than a smoker going cold turkey. Unlike Turbo/SC cars, you'll get used to the power eventually. But with NOS it's instant gratification with a push of a button. Until you have to refill the can, which is about RM280 per refill, and in the case of my friend - it was a weekly refill. Lekat kerusi feel is very tempting.

In the end he took out the set and now it's with another friend of mine in his Accord. I don't know if he kept it there or not but that was his daily drive. Oh and btw, the NOS did havoc to my friends Wira internals. Pistons were burnt crispy on the top side and the piston ring wear was terrible. It really kills the internals and halves or quarters the life span of your engine.

Anyway, lesson learnt is if you're gonna spend money installing a NOS kit for your daily drive and have shitloads of money hiding under your bed, go ahead! Install it! Instant gratification!

If you don't have shitloads of money, suggest you spend it on a FI kit or getting a bigger turbo for bigger kicks.
told ya its expensive :biggrin:

and yes, it's a type force induction.. NOS provide more oxygen to d engine.. same like turbo & sc.. but different method..

Turbo : Mechanically compress air using exhaust gas

Supercharge : Mechanically compress air using belt

Nitrous oxide system : Chemically compress air using its chemical properties

and u need forged internals to use any of d above.. no excuses.. or else..

Gudluck :burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

oh.. about d legal matter..

ANY MODIFICATION OF ANY KIND TO A STOCK CAR IS ILLEGAL.. (that's include a open pod air filter)

unless u can sweet talk ur way out with d JPJ officers

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
told ya its expensive :biggrin:

and yes, it's a type force induction.. NOS provide more oxygen to d engine.. same like turbo & sc.. but different method..

Turbo : Mechanically compress air using exhaust gas

Supercharge : Mechanically compress air using belt

Nitrous oxide system : Chemically compress air using its chemical properties

and u need forged internals to use any of d above.. no excuses.. or else..

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

oh.. about d legal matter..

ANY MODIFICATION OF ANY KIND TO A STOCK CAR IS ILLEGAL.. (that's include a open pod air filter)

unless u can sweet talk ur way out with d JPJ officers

Yes, NOS is chemical forced induction, also nicknamed turbo in a bottle.
Btw about using the forged internals, wouldn't it depend an how much power boost you're putting into the engine? If relatively low (maybe say 30% power increase or so), then can still use stock internals, no? CMIIW though coz I'm very newbie on forced induction.

As for the legality, if say you install such bolt-on kit (turbo/SC/NOS) then afterwards you want to sell-off the car, would it pass puspakom inspection? Or you need to demod it first?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There might be field hockey and ice hockey but, as anybody that has seen both games played, they share as much in common as a bikini and full-body wetsuit. Another more worthy example for these pages might be Formula One and Nascar.

Though the two might not be associated at all, sharing sponsors has made the jump a little less harsh on the knees lately, especially since Juan Pablo Montoya made the leap...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience