Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like new

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

But my friend's Estima with the auto door close also had his share of problems but at least not always....:biggrin:
That function I like...auto door for MPV :top: Looks cool and class.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

I guess I'll just stick to Toyota and other JDMs :proud:
Still more reliable and less hassle compare to continentals with too many sensitive sensors....
When times comes & with more money, mixing with different class of people, i bet ure going to change ur mind :rofl:

well JDM also are more into sensors nowadays even though not as much as those contis but they're getting there...newer Honda or Lexus especially have plenty of sensors nowadays compare to their ancestors...lexus I think shoulnd't be any different from merc or bmw in term of electronic assistance :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

When times comes & with more money, mixing with different class of people, i bet ure going to change ur mind :rofl:

well JDM also are more into sensors nowadays even though not as much as those contis but they're getting there...newer Honda or Lexus especially have plenty of sensors nowadays compare to their ancestors...lexus I think shoulnd't be any different from merc or bmw in term of electronic assistance :biggrin:
Yup, with $$$ then no problem mah! Every 2 to 3 years change car before problems comes....:driver::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

When money is not a problem, 90% most of the things these days is not a problem.

Is like who would want a Toyota/Honda if one can afford a Ferrari/lambo and etcs :biggrin:
Me not in position for a choice yet. SO stick to Toyota 1st :rofl:

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

My wife's boss from Cefiro went for the Audi (few years back). Had slight accident on front bumper park 2 months waiting for parts. Within a year the central locking failed and he was locked in.....hahaha. Can't remember others issues as it was in and out of the Audi service. Got fed up sold after 2 years now on Lexus....:driver:
Lexus's cockpit really like an aeroplane cockpit. :o
Sat in LS460L before. Smooth V8.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

No lah! Lexus 250 only, but he got a V8 Soarer....:driver:

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003

i like rain sensor, dont have to adjust the speed regulary, and i think most of us forget to put it to slower speed even after the rain starts to slow down

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Here's my Lexus cockpit....I must say very cramp with the whole dash full of stuff surrounding you...when I'm in the Lexus I want to climb to the front passenger side also very difficult for me because the whole center console is raise higher than my waist line when I'm seated....

No lah! Lexus 250 only, but he got a V8 Soarer....:driver:
IS250 still looks ok for me though

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Here's my Lexus cockpit....I must say very cramp with the whole dash full of stuff surrounding you...when I'm in the Lexus I want to climb to the front passenger side also very difficult for me because the whole center console is raise higher than my waist line when I'm seated....

IS250 still looks ok for me though
CT200 dashboard with all the buttons do look high tech and nice but then too cramp actually,
even for the rear seats. Leg room is not much.

That's why I still prefer CR-Z's dashboard design overall not too cramp look.
Not too many buttons too.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert

u want more prestige, u get more repair bills.

arent that part of buying a conti?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

CT200 dashboard with all the buttons do look high tech and nice but then too cramp actually,
even for the rear seats. Leg room is not much.

That's why I still prefer CR-Z's dashboard design overall not too cramp look.
Not too many buttons too.

The CT200 that I polish, where warm up uses electric. Only in the morning engine starts.....:driver:

The Conti Hybrid like VW Touareg still has a huge engine still.....that one break down....wah!

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Lexus dashboard looks very classy and futuristic to me. To me, Lexus really shows what Toyota is capable off. But many over here judge Toyota by looking at dugong, altis, avanza and etc. Those are just the small fry of Toyota. :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Lexus dashboard looks very classy and futuristic to me. To me, Lexus really shows what Toyota is capable off. But many over here judge Toyota by looking at dugong, altis, avanza and etc. Those are just the small fry of Toyota. :biggrin:
The machinery that Lexus use are different from mass produced Toyota cars they had their own assembly line despite sharing the same plant with Toyota (Tahara plant)....Lexus used only state of the art technologies and tools to make their car because they are chasing that perfection philosophy. They (Lexus) also has their own set of methods and technique on QC different from mass produced Toyota cars.

Also the engineers that got the chance to work for Lexus is itself a very honorable title. They are all finest hand picked engineers which are veterans technicians all of them are ranked according to skill level and their skill is evaluated from time to time and the application for job is very very limited. All the engineers that work for Lexus are called Takumi. Then is the most crazy thing.. Lexus will give test to the workers via the origami test (paper folding test) it's used to gauge a workers dexterity the catch is you can only use 1 hand to fold and in less than 90sec....
See link below...:smokin:
Take the 'Takumi' challenge

Some of my relative says that I'm crazy for spending 200K for such a small car....but what they can't see is that owning a Lexus is not just about the car is also about its details and craftmanship....seriously I love my Lexus

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

The machinery that Lexus use are different from mass produced Toyota cars they had their own assembly line despite sharing the same plant with Toyota (Tahara plant)....Lexus used only state of the art technologies and tools to make their car because they are chasing that perfection philosophy. They (Lexus) also has their own set of methods and technique on QC different from mass produced Toyota cars.

Also the engineers that got the chance to work for Lexus is itself a very honorable title. They are all finest hand picked engineers which are veterans technicians all of them are ranked according to skill level and their skill is evaluated from time to time and the application for job is very very limited. All the engineers that work for Lexus are called Takumi. Then is the most crazy thing.. Lexus will give test to the workers via the origami test (paper folding test) it's used to gauge a workers dexterity the catch is you can only use 1 hand to fold and in less than 90sec....
See link below...:smokin:
Take the 'Takumi' challenge

Some of my relative says that I'm crazy for spending 200K for such a small car....but what they can't see is that owning a Lexus is not just about the car is also about its details and craftmanship....seriously I love my Lexus
Yeah, I've read about the Tahara Plant before. They seems to be one of the most advanced and high tech car manufacturing plant in the world. If I am not mistaken, the workers had to go through some sort of process to remove any dirt or dust before entering the plant. Definitely a place worth to visit if given the chance.

From the article, I can see how strict it is about the level of QC in the Tahara plant. But I just don't see why Lexus doesn't have much of brand recognition here in Malaysia compared to Mercedes and BMW. People here just like to use the word "Still a Toyota" when they heard about Lexus. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yeah, I've read about the Tahara Plant before. They seems to be one of the most advanced and high tech car manufacturing plant in the world. If I am not mistaken, the workers had to go through some sort of process to remove any dirt or dust before entering the plant. Definitely a place worth to visit if given the chance.

From the article, I can see how strict it is about the level of QC in the Tahara plant. But I just don't see why Lexus doesn't have much of brand recognition here in Malaysia compared to Mercedes and BMW. People here just like to use the word "Still a Toyota" when they heard about Lexus. :banghead:
Japanese factory are very clean one. I visited my Bangkok factory and when they walk can hear their rubber shoes squeaking away against the floor. The floor is painted and shiny....:driver::driver:

Not still a Toyota....."Still Japanese"....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience