Suzuki Swift: 1.5 (m15a/zc21): Discussions/Opinions

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
How is the price like? Downside of DK tuning is that he is located in Penang :( I still got few more wear and tear things to fix - engine mounts, lower arms, etc... before i can go for reflash.

Do share with us the results ya! ;):adore:

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

How is ur brake feeling now bro? Now u have better braking, next up is the performance rite? :biggrin:
Done with my front brakes, now looking at the rear as front too bite also will cause nose dip.. and also on the handling, i know swift is very good in it's handling form already but i've changed to bc v1 coilover.. now only looking for one rear boot bar..then i'll move to the engine, currently performance i only change to custom simota open pod, add extra radiator fan,some groundings and power charger and i-concept throttle controller.. next will be turbo charge.. :rolleyes:

AisBerg

Nov 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro,

IHE = Intake, Header & Exhaust

These 3 are the basic upgrades u can start off on your car modifications. Intakes will be the air filters, header is the exhaust manifold or extractor and lastly exhaust... err basically the exhaust system after the header till the muffler.

Since you are driving 1.5 swift which is running on throttle cable, i recommend u to tighten the cable link to the throttle body. I have met some swifters last time, the link from the throttle cable to the throttle body has some slack/freeplay hence when we step on the gas the response abit slow. So try to get ur mech to tighten the throttle cable link to get some better response. This will not increase any hp/torque just better response.

If IHE still not enuff, then u can try more advance mods like you have mentioned - change gearbox, cams, etc...
Now I know IHE...hehe..thanks bro...got new knowledge today. I think, maybe i should start with the intake first...last month, i just changed the oem air filter with works engineering drop in. i can feel a little bit increase from 0-60kmj & also at mid range feels better but really minor improvement...maybe got +1hp..:biggrin:

yeah...i'm going to ask my fren if he knows about the throttle cable matters...

So, probably now looking for aftermarket throttle body or intake manifold...got to do some more readings & survey...and so the money talks! :biggrin:

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hi guys,

I have been looking for these headlamps for almost 4 months now and only able to find this exact same one. Unfortunately its in indonesia.

Any of you have contacts to get cheaper rates? Indonesia is selling is at Rp2,650

Attachments

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi guys,

I have been looking for these headlamps for almost 4 months now and only able to find this exact same one. Unfortunately its in indonesia.

Any of you have contacts to get cheaper rates? Indonesia is selling is at Rp2,650
Try asking singapore swift forum? i'm sure they have..

bro drummer

Mar 1, 2012
i'm Malaysian
hai..i want to ask some question..
what is recomended workshop selling extractor for suzuki swift 1.5? :cool:
my swift now feels so 'berat' and hard to speeding up
viva oso can chase me..:bawling::bawling:
any idea to improve speed for my ride?:driver:

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Probably remap ECU, grounding cables,throttle controllers,lighter pulleys will help.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Anyone knows a reliable workshop/accessory shop who install retrofit projector lenses on a standard headlamp?

Apparently i have gotten a quotation that labour itself is around RM400 to get this thing fixed because headlamp cover needs to be removed in order to install the projector lights.

ANyone has recommendation for cheaper rates accessory shop that offers this?

Attachments

AnitaDunn

May 4, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My aunt is planning to buy a second hand car and she has shortlisted this one too. I have gone through the specs but they don;t seem too good. A 1.6 liter engine with 120 bhp i guess. That's not very amazing specs.
Light in a box coupon

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My aunt is planning to buy a second hand car and she has shortlisted this one too. I have gone through the specs but they don;t seem too good. A 1.6 liter engine with 120 bhp i guess. That's not very amazing specs.
What were you expecting? It's not meant to be a fire-breathing hot hatch. It's pretty good for what it is.

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
hey hey hey. nice to see so many Swifters here. Swift Sport owner reporting in ;)

here's what i've done to my Suzie. basically still very much in a stock form

2010 Suzuki Swift Sport (M) - ZC31s

Peformances:
Monster Sport PFX400 Power Filter with Monster Sport carbon fibre airbox
Monster Sport's ECU remap
Sun Line Racing 4-2-1 GT Spec Ex Manifold
Beatrush quick shift lever
RRP oil pan baffle plate
RRP middle temperature Thermostat
RRP magnet drain plug

Handling:
Spoon's rigid collar
BC Racing BR Series Hi/Lo - Soft/ Hard Coilovers. 5k front 4k rear
Cusco front and rear strut tower bar
SSR Type C RS 16x7 42+
Toyo Proxes R1R 205/45/16
Project Kics R40 lug nuts
EBC brake pad
Custom stainless steel braided hose

Fluids:
Motul 300V Trophy 0W40
Lucas Oil Transmission fluids
Motul coolant.

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
What were you expecting? It's not meant to be a fire-breathing hot hatch. It's pretty good for what it is.
+1 Owners of SSS is not aiming for outright performance output, rather on handling!

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

hey hey hey. nice to see so many Swifters here. Swift Sport owner reporting in ;)

here's what i've done to my Suzie. basically still very much in a stock form

2010 Suzuki Swift Sport (M) - ZC31s

Peformances:
Monster Sport PFX400 Power Filter with Monster Sport carbon fibre airbox
Monster Sport's ECU remap
Sun Line Racing 4-2-1 GT Spec Ex Manifold
Beatrush quick shift lever
RRP oil pan baffle plate
RRP middle temperature Thermostat
RRP magnet drain plug

Handling:
Spoon's rigid collar
BC Racing BR Series Hi/Lo - Soft/ Hard Coilovers. 5k front 4k rear
Cusco front and rear strut tower bar
SSR Type C RS 16x7 42+
Toyo Proxes R1R 205/45/16
Project Kics R40 lug nuts
EBC brake pad
Custom stainless steel braided hose

Fluids:
Motul 300V Trophy 0W40
Lucas Oil Transmission fluids
Motul coolant.
Wow.. long list bro~! Not your average stock man... hehe

Since you shared yours, lets get it rolling

2008 Suzuki Swift Sport (M) - ZC31s

Performances:
Monster Sport PFX300 Drop in panel filter with replica b-crews airbox
Tonnka 4-2-1 with ceramic coating
Monster Sport Clutch set (lighten flywheel, organic non-asbestos clutch disc, clutch cover, clutch push rod)
Monster Sport clutch pedal
Apexi Hybrid Megaphone muffler

Handling:
GAB SS Series Hi/Lo - Soft/ Hard Coilovers. 4k front 4k rear
Alutec front strut bar
Volks Racing CE28 16x7 42+
Kumho KU31 205/50/16
McGard Lock nuts

Fluids:
Royal Purple 5W30 HPS
Amsoil Transmission Oil

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Where to get the replica b crews airbox.hihi. I heard it had the most gain for na setup.

Normally what is the typical sss and ss on dynojet or dyno dynamics
If have turbocharged one also good.can be good refferences.

+1 Owners of SSS is not aiming for outright performance output, rather on handling!

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Wow.. long list bro~! Not your average stock man... hehe

Since you shared yours, lets get it rolling

2008 Suzuki Swift Sport (M) - ZC31s

Performances:
Monster Sport PFX300 Drop in panel filter with replica b-crews airbox
Tonnka 4-2-1 with ceramic coating
Monster Sport Clutch set (lighten flywheel, organic non-asbestos clutch disc, clutch cover, clutch push rod)
Monster Sport clutch pedal
Apexi Hybrid Megaphone muffler

Handling:
GAB SS Series Hi/Lo - Soft/ Hard Coilovers. 4k front 4k rear
Alutec front strut bar
Volks Racing CE28 16x7 42+
Kumho KU31 205/50/16
McGard Lock nuts

Fluids:
Royal Purple 5W30 HPS
Amsoil Transmission Oil

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Where to get the replica b crews airbox.hihi. I heard it had the most gain for na setup.

Normally what is the typical sss and ss on dynojet or dyno dynamics
If have turbocharged one also good.can be good refferences.

Bro,

Try suzuki swift air box b-crew set - SUZUKI SWIFT ZC Johor Bahru JB | Motorsports Accessories, Motorsports Parts, Malaysia | Vox Motorsport

Not sure what is their pricing like.. i got mine 2nd hand. So far only butt dyno, so i can't share any :( sorry

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It appears that Lamborghini have filed a claim with the trademark office for the name ‘Aventador,’ leading to the mandatory speculation that it could be the name for the Murcielago’s replacement.

A select group of customers were treated to a preview of the new raging bull at Sant’Agata recently and word is that the Lamborghini Aventador...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience