Satria alternator problem

andlfloh

Oct 16, 2006
Have had to change the alternator twice within a year. I am told the expensive original alternator also does not last. Am advised to get a used Japanese one from a half-cut shop.

My Satria is 1.5 auto UK specs. I changed to ngv some months ago. Does the extra heat from using ngv affect the alternator ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It shouldn't. In fact original alternator should last you a good 3-4 years minimally. How did the old ones spoil? You can opt to just service the thing by changing out the carbon inside. Much cheaper!

andlfloh

Oct 16, 2006
It shouldn't. In fact original alternator should last you a good 3-4 years minimally. How did the old ones spoil? You can opt to just service the thing by changing out the carbon inside. Much cheaper!
Have started using ngv 6 months ago. May be the heating affects the alternator. The recond one doesn't last.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have a friend who's on NGV for his Satria as well but he doesn't have the issues you have. If you think it's the heat, try making a makeshift heat shield using some alu foil and hard plastic/aluminium sheets and protect the alternator and see how it goes?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Have started using ngv 6 months ago. May be the heating affects the alternator. The recond one doesn't last.
Original alternator for my car also very expensive. So I tried chop shop ones, lasted only 2 weeks, 2nd unit one month, then went for recon, lasted 2 to 3 years. Slightly more expensive then chop shop ones only....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
all depend on luck.....by logical thinking i prefer the halfcut unit one.....

last resort only go for recond unit because the risk % of kong again is higher... :adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
all depend on luck.....by logical thinking i prefer the halfcut unit one.....

last resort only go for recond unit because the risk % of kong again is higher... :adore:
I also went for half cut first, but unlucky maybe because one only 2 weeks the other 1 month, but recon a few years.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I also went for half cut first, but unlucky maybe because one only 2 weeks the other 1 month, but recon a few years.....

actually the 1st unit i got from halfcut didn't even work at all....(offcourse i tested with multimeter to confirm this)

so the next day return and got another unit..then only it works untill now...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If practice so far is anything to go by, the high tyre degradation being experienced at Sepang by the Formula one teams will turn this Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix into a highly tactical affair that will see the best strategy to conserve tyres bring about a victor.

The high track temperatures and abrasive surface of the Sepang International...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience