Need help

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
My friends car been into accident.A car hit his car at the front wheel.Sent to the workshop to repair.After bring back his car from the workshop,he notice something abnormal at the wheel side.Whenever the car into any bumper or a bumpy road,there is a sound like the tyre hit the top part of it.So he asked me to checkout.I found that the wheel alignment is not in correct position like the picture below.The top part(green arrow) and right side(red arrow) distance is very less compared to the opposite side.Its like after the accident the wheel has been dislocated and not at the center.So my friend and i brought the car to a tyre shop to perform alignment.The shop guy said the chamber alignment is out and dislocated and cannot be repaired.Is this true?No way to correct it back?His car is toyota se ae92.

Attachments

Last edited:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My friends car been into accident.A car hit his car at the front wheel.Sent to the workshop to repair.After bring back his car from the workshop,he notice something abnormal at the wheel side.Whenever the car into any bumper or a bumpy road,there is a sound like the tyre hit the top part of it.So he asked me to checkout.I found that the wheel alignment is not in correct position like the picture below.The top part(green arrow) and right side(red arrow) distance is very less compared to the opposite side.Its like after the accident the wheel has been dislocated and not at the center.So my friend and i brought the car to a tyre shop to perform alignment.The shop guy said the chamber alignment is out and dislocated and cannot be repaired.Is this true?No way to correct it back?His car is toyota se ae92.

Chamber out of proportion can be repaired.

Only limited tyre shop can do it.

Either you add a socket

Or

You pump the chamber to ori dimension using a air chamber pump.

Cost around RM90 one side.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Is the car pulling to one side?
Green arrow lower, check springs, check suspension top rubber mounting,
Red arrow differ then the caster angle is out already, repair not don't properly....

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Is the car pulling to one side?
Green arrow lower, check springs, check suspension top rubber mounting,
Red arrow differ then the caster angle is out already, repair not don't properly....
Not really but i find its difficult when doing u-turn,its like turning more than it should.
must do chasis allignment edi...
Wow,sounds big bro.where to do?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

No other solution than add socket or pump back to normal position?
Can't we change the parts?
Maybe can try search at chop shop and fix it or something.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not really but i find its difficult when doing u-turn,its like turning more than it should.

Wow,sounds big bro.where to do?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

No other solution than add socket or pump back to normal position?
Can't we change the parts?
Maybe can try search at chop shop and fix it or something.
With car stationary, start engine then set your steering in the center, then turn left and see how many turns, then back to center and then to the right and see how many turns. See whether left and right turns are the same?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
From what u describe when u check the alignment caster should be off on that side, car pulling to the accident side. Do a chasis alignment to pull that side back to spec should fix it, should not take more then 1 day. I only know 1 place in klang, other place not sure, should ask around.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=64496

The highlight of the action packed day was in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience