Simple sound insulation DIY for Myvi

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

I just bought a pair of new speakers and installed them in my car. I'm installing them into my Myvi lagi best model. For those who doesnt know, Myvi original speakers causes me in deep dilemma, giving me dizziness, nausea, high-blood pressure, and deaf to my ears if being exposed for too long. Luckily, all these are curable, with just a few hundred bucks.

I had changed my front speakers to a set of new 4" MBQ speakers. Since the front 4" speakers doesnt cause earthquakes to the car, I did not install any insulation in the front.

For the rear, I bought a pair of 6.5" 3-channel Boschmann speakers at RM200. So total RM340 to avoid deaf to the ears and potential death. The problem is when I blast them, the sound of vibrating metals and plastics are kinda annoying and might cause hypertension in long run. So I decided to DIY some simple medicine.

I used this kind of wool insulation as they are soft and a good damper material. They are available at most accessories shop or even some hardware shops. CAUTION: CAN CAUSE YOU SCRATCH YOUR BODY LIKE A MONKEY (ITCHINESS).

I cut 4 small pieces and stuff them in between the speaker rim and the door panel. This is to absorb vibration from the speaker to the door panel.

This is the inner door panel of a Perodua Myvi Lagi Best. Notice the big area beside the speaker sound mesh...that's the area where vibrations is the most as the plastic is thin and has no reinforcements.

Using double side tape, i pasted the insulation to where it should be..the thin and flappy plasticky area. Put the door panel back on and job done ! I have also pasted some DEADENING sound insulation at the metal side of the door...coz I have some left from my previous car. Helps out abit :rolleyes:

This is my QA/QC supervisor. You can see her legs in one of the pictures above. So far, no complaints from her. :rofl:

The result? Very big disappointment. I am disappointed with Myvi's ori speakers and its sound insulations! It causes me to have to do all these! But as for the DIY insulation, sweet. The sound of panels vibrating are a lot less and I can enjoy blaring sounds that really cause me deaf but happy. :driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Hi All,

I just bought a pair of new speakers and installed them in my car. I'm installing them into my Myvi lagi best model. For those who doesnt know, Myvi original speakers causes me in deep dilemma, giving me dizziness, nausea, high-blood pressure, and deaf to my ears if being exposed for too long. Luckily, all these are curable, with just a few hundred bucks.

I had changed my front speakers to a set of new 4" MBQ speakers. Since the front 4" speakers doesnt cause earthquakes to the car, I did not install any insulation in the front.

For the rear, I bought a pair of 6.5" 3-channel Boschmann speakers at RM200. So total RM340 to avoid deaf to the ears and potential death. The problem is when I blast them, the sound of vibrating metals and plastics are kinda annoying and might cause hypertension in long run. So I decided to DIY some simple medicine.

I used this kind of wool insulation as they are soft and a good damper material. They are available at most accessories shop or even some hardware shops. CAUTION: CAN CAUSE YOU SCRATCH YOUR BODY LIKE A MONKEY (ITCHINESS).

I cut 4 small pieces and stuff them in between the speaker rim and the door panel. This is to absorb vibration from the speaker to the door panel.

This is the inner door panel of a Perodua Myvi Lagi Best. Notice the big area beside the speaker sound mesh...that's the area where vibrations is the most as the plastic is thin and has no reinforcements.

Using double side tape, i pasted the insulation to where it should be..the thin and flappy plasticky area. Put the door panel back on and job done ! I have also pasted some DEADENING sound insulation at the metal side of the door...coz I have some left from my previous car. Helps out abit :rolleyes:

This is my QA/QC supervisor. You can see her legs in one of the pictures above. So far, no complaints from her. :rofl:

The result? Very big disappointment. I am disappointed with Myvi's ori speakers and its sound insulations! It causes me to have to do all these! But as for the DIY insulation, sweet. The sound of panels vibrating are a lot less and I can enjoy blaring sounds that really cause me deaf but happy. :driver:
You have such an adorable and happy supervisor. No wonder you did a great job

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
cvkit17, adorable golden retriever! My dream buddy but too bad no space to keep one.

I had my Iswara insulated using insuflex many years ago, great for sound insulation but it would be better if done with dampening layer first.

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
cvkit17, adorable golden retriever! My dream buddy but too bad no space to keep one.

I had my Iswara insulated using insuflex many years ago, great for sound insulation but it would be better if done with dampening layer first.
Haha thanks...dats my site supervisor haha

Yeah I'm waiting my dampening products to arrive. Then I'll start my project at one go. I'm trying a new brand of pe foam. Very common in the industrial field and automotive too, but they manufacture OEM insulation panels for cars. Lets see if it lives up its name haha

Jan 27, 2013
konkhj136
huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
huong dan ca cuoc online
huong dan ca do bong da
huong dan ca cuoc bong da
huong dan ca do tren mang
huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
huong dan ca cuoc bong da

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What kind of dampening material or brand you are using? I'm interested:biggrin:
At first I wanted to get Insudamp. But then my friend told me to join his purchase. So he said we will get the goods here this week when his friend is back to KL from klang. Will snap a pic for u

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
What about adding insulflex? is it very hard to remove door panel? I'm thinking of doing my alza too, total damage for sound insulation?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i owned a pajero 2.5 turbo diesel engine model 1996. i need some assistance on the air conditioning system. the car has 2 air conditioning which is located in frontal n back and each has blower n cooling coil. problem is the car is not cool enough during day time about 30'C inside cabin. currently the car has only one condenser wit two fan install. does the car needs additional condenser modifications? need advice pls, it fried me up during day time driving. :( thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience