Myvi: Getting the pampering it deserves.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I am back and I am partially cooked.... sun baked.

Was given a task to detail the exterior of a Myvi. White Myvi to be exact. How hard can it be rite..... (man, was I wrong.)

A bit of history lesson now. Owner contacted me as he is having some gray marks all over his car. Not sure what it is, he decided to go to "detailing shops" outside and was quoted a few hundred to have his car polished.

Then he went further and somehow found my blog via Google (i am proud to be found by Google.). Contacted me and added me on MSN, we chatted and decided to make a day where the car would be detailed. Long story short.... today was the day.

Upon arrival, the car was...... erm...... different from what I expected. Marks all over the place.

Bronze rims....

Acid rain stain all over....

And I mean all over.....

The deeper sides are not spared from the onslaught of acid rain

Seldom cleaned area = some soft mushy thingy growing around

This is..... always the place where I can find dirt in all the cars I have done up till now.

Every locking mechanism of Myvi seem to be.... filled with greased overflowing...

One nasty son of a door hinge....

Look at it drip.....

Da owner decides to give it a try at detailing further into his bumper... (he managed to take the foglamp cover out and detailed even further than me)

While I was at the back doing more detailing.

This was what I was cleaning.

And THIS.... is just from the small gaps and rims....

Nicely detailed rims!!!!

Hint: this was not done by me. It was done by the owner himself.... there is no better person to pamper your ride than yourself.

A 50/50. Know which door has been OPC-ed and which has not?

Rear door OPC-ed and front door eagerly waiting for its turn to be detailed.

Ok, at this point of time. I am running out of time. Sunset d wei.......

Some after shots, did not manage to grab a bunch of after shots as owner needs to urgently leave and I do not want to ground him too long.

Nicely cleaned gaps = a seriously nice looking ride.

Door hinge after....

Clean enough to eat of it... not that I recommend it.

Remember the door lock mechanism grease overflow....... its a thing of the past.

Door frame was also cleaned superbly..... spend pretty long on all 4 doors.

Compare this with the first picture of this post.

And you will see a heaven and hell comparison

Car was Opti-Seal-ed and Optimum Car Wax.

Overall, pretty nice

Even the small gaps behind the spoiler was cleaned.

Yes, I said its clean.

As the owner rushes off, I grab a few final shots. Front bumper has a different shade as it was.... involved in an accident and resprayed.

Say bye bye to it.

Btw, this is the milk I managed to milked out of the cow....

Note:
- This Myvi was produced 4 years ago which means... 2008. And it is single stage paint? Hard for me to believe but its true..... has Perodua really skimmed on their quality that they resorted to single stage paint? I would have loved it if it was a 2 stage paint which has clear coat.
- Paint cleaning a single stage paint is a real pain in da butt. Took me way longer to paint clean the bugger.
- Deep paint cleaning like this can archive what polishing can do (of course the swirls and scratches will remain lar if no polishing)
- Clean your rims often.... out of 4 rims, one were heavily stained and OPC could not clean it. Tried to wax it with cleaner wax and it was better.
- I like this owner a lot. Cause he said I look like I am 26 when I am actually older than that. KAKAKA.

Total time spend: 6 hours
Items used: OPC 1:0, 1:3, Soft bristle brush, brush, Opti-Seal, Optimum Car Wax, Osren Bubble and Wax, H20.
Satisfaction Level: Pretty satisfied considering this is the 2nd time I am dealing with Single Stage paint.... which I really really..... prefer not to.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great job! White is extremely difficult to keep clean in our weather. Constant cleaning and protection is a must to prevent stains from building up.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I agree. What more around industrial area where each rain fall spells acid rain.

Hard to maintain but a real head turner when its nicely cleaned. Plus white hides a lot of swirls and scratches.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Very nice thorough and meticulous cleaning! Wow never know that Myvi uses single stage. What's wrong with carmakers nowadays man...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Neither did I until this detailing came.... man, was I shock....

Guess they are saving on cost.... but..... 4 years ago, single stage.... funny lar, even proton dun have that kinda quality anymore.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Very nice thorough and meticulous cleaning! Wow never know that Myvi uses single stage. What's wrong with carmakers nowadays man...
save money, more profit to the car maker.

Anyway, single stage, double stage tripple stages.........the cars are selling like hot cakes no matter how badly the car painted ....

Try going to Perodua showroom. Even new cars there are showing the "orange peel" of the paint on the new car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can DIY open/fix wira door?

I need to change my door (badly rust)...
I alredy got the door ...
but never done it before,need some tips from u guy's...
Thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience