Kurnia insurance anyone help?

ilovesour

Mar 13, 2010
Ipoh/Perak
I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FIRST IF I'VE POSTED IN THE WRONG SIDE.

I'VE GOT MY CAR BANG INTO THE DIVIDER(RAINING AND I BREAK TOO HARD)ON SEPT/XX(FORGOT ABOUT WHICH DATE) AND MY CAR WAS TOW TO A WORKSHOP. SECOND DAY WENT TO REPORT IN POLICE STATION AND PASS THE REPORT TO THE WORKSHOP DIRECTOR IN ORDER TO CLAIM FOR MY INSURANCE.
AFTER 2 WEEKS MY CAR HAS DONE, SO I'VE WENT TO VISIT MY CAR IN THE WORKSHOP, AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR FEW DAYS MORE TO GET MY OFFER LETTER BY KURNIA, SO I WAS LIKE OKAY, AND WAITING FOR 1WEEK, AND I'VE CALL TO THE WORKSHOP AND THEY SAY THEY TOO WAITING FOR MY CAR OFFER LETTER FROM KURNIA, AND ASK ME TO CALL KURNIA MOTOR CLAIM CENTRE IF I WOULD LIKE TO. SO I CALLED KURNIA AND I'VE ASK ABOUT THE OFFER LETTER OF MY CAR, THEY SAY ITS UNDER PROCESS AND HAVE TO WAIT 14DAYS OF PROCESS TO GET THE OFFER LETTER DONE, SINCE MY REQUEST LETTER WAS ARRIVED TO THEM ON 13/SEPT, AND THAT TIME I STILL WAS OKOK, SO I'VE WAITED FOR 1 WEEKS AND I CALLED THEM AGAIN, AGAIN THEY SAY YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR 14DAYS OF PROCESS AND ITS ALREADY OVER 20DAYS, AND ITS ALMOST 1 MONTH, TODAY I CALLED KURNIA AGAIN, AND GUESS WHAT? NO ONE WAS WILLING TO ANSWER MY PHONE. I'VE WAITED LIKE ALMOST TEN MINUTES LISTENING THE PHONE BEEP TILL THEY GOT UP MY PHONE, SO I ASK THEM WHAT ACUALLY IS GOING ON WITH MY OFFER LETTER TO TAKE FOR 1 MONTH AND ITS NOT EVEN DONE, THEY BEEN GIVING EXCUSES AND SAY THIS LA SAY THAT LA, AND SAY PASS THE PHONE TO PERSON INCHARGE, SO I WAIT AND WAIT AND THERE'S NO ONE ANSWERING THE PHONE, NEVERMIND, I CALL AGAIN, AND GOT ABIT ANGRY THIS TIME FOR THEIR STUPID SERVICE, SOMEONE ANSWER (OTHER GUY)AND I ASK HIM WHY ARE THOSE PEOPLE PASSING ME TO THIS LINE AND THAT LINE BUT NO ONE ANSWERING AND ASK HIM TO HELP ME CHECK FOR MY APPROVE LETTER, AND HE SAY OK, AFTER THAT.... BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP...
IS KURNIA A GOOD COMPANY OR WHAT? THEY'VE BEEN ACTING WEIRDLY AND REALLY PISSED ME OFF, IS THIS THEIR KIND OF ATTITUDE?
I STILL DIDNT GET MY ANSWER, ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING THIS KIND OF ISSUE OR HAS SOLVE WITH KURNIA CAN GIVE ME ANY COMMENT OR IDEAS TO GET THIS SOLVE?

SORRY FOR MY NOOB ENGLISH =.=
THANKS. :wavey:

-iCe-

Mar 21, 2006
KURNIA memang senang mau amek, tapi susah mau claim.. hehehe

adlans

Jan 26, 2006
Just wait and change ur insurance agent (takaful, P&O etc) when its expired.

adlans

Jan 26, 2006
i had encounter it 2 times with my previous ride

i) SGti - car break in and as result the car was really empty interior. About 3 weeks of process in a workshop at Setapak and i was using Takaful Insurance

ii) Gen2 - Hit a no license lady driver with no experience driving an automatic car. This one was quite fast as i got it back around 12 days at a workshop in Subang 2. Again im using Takaful Insurance plus the workshop and their workers is my friend.

The Insurance Adjuster is the one that we should catch. The 1st part of claiming process depends on him coz if he's late or delayed, submission cant be done to the insurance company. Problem that we faced is getting the right workshop with a good service and rapport with the insurance company.

Cheers

- Just my 9 Cents, not my Nonsense -

options

Dec 3, 2006

I'VE GOT MY CAR BANG INTO THE DIVIDER(RAINING AND I BREAK TOO HARD)ON SEPT/XX(FORGOT ABOUT WHICH DATE) AND MY CAR WAS TOW TO A WORKSHOP. SECOND DAY WENT TO REPORT IN POLICE STATION AND PASS THE REPORT TO THE WORKSHOP DIRECTOR IN ORDER TO CLAIM FOR MY INSURANCE.
AFTER 2 WEEKS MY CAR HAS DONE, SO I'VE WENT TO VISIT MY CAR IN THE WORKSHOP, AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR FEW DAYS MORE TO GET MY OFFER LETTER BY KURNIA, SO I WAS LIKE OKAY, AND WAITING FOR 1WEEK, AND I'VE CALL TO THE WORKSHOP AND THEY SAY THEY TOO WAITING FOR MY CAR OFFER LETTER FROM KURNIA, AND ASK ME TO CALL KURNIA MOTOR CLAIM CENTRE IF I WOULD LIKE TO. SO I CALLED KURNIA AND I'VE ASK ABOUT THE OFFER LETTER OF MY CAR, THEY SAY ITS UNDER PROCESS AND HAVE TO WAIT 14DAYS OF PROCESS TO GET THE OFFER LETTER DONE, SINCE MY REQUEST LETTER WAS ARRIVED TO THEM ON 13/SEPT, AND THAT TIME I STILL WAS OKOK, SO I'VE WAITED FOR 1 WEEKS AND I CALLED THEM AGAIN, AGAIN THEY SAY YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR 14DAYS OF PROCESS AND ITS ALREADY OVER 20DAYS, AND ITS ALMOST 1 MONTH, TODAY I CALLED KURNIA AGAIN, AND GUESS WHAT? NO ONE WAS WILLING TO ANSWER MY PHONE. I'VE WAITED LIKE ALMOST TEN MINUTES LISTENING THE PHONE BEEP TILL THEY GOT UP MY PHONE, SO I ASK THEM WHAT ACUALLY IS GOING ON WITH MY OFFER LETTER TO TAKE FOR 1 MONTH AND ITS NOT EVEN DONE, THEY BEEN GIVING EXCUSES AND SAY THIS LA SAY THAT LA, AND SAY PASS THE PHONE TO PERSON INCHARGE, SO I WAIT AND WAIT AND THERE'S NO ONE ANSWERING THE PHONE, NEVERMIND, I CALL AGAIN, AND GOT ABIT ANGRY THIS TIME FOR THEIR STUPID SERVICE, SOMEONE ANSWER (OTHER GUY)AND I ASK HIM WHY ARE THOSE PEOPLE PASSING ME TO THIS LINE AND THAT LINE BUT NO ONE ANSWERING AND ASK HIM TO HELP ME CHECK FOR MY APPROVE LETTER, AND HE SAY OK, AFTER THAT.... BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP...
IS KURNIA A GOOD COMPANY OR WHAT? THEY'VE BEEN ACTING WEIRDLY AND REALLY PISSED ME OFF, IS THIS THEIR KIND OF ATTITUDE?
I STILL DIDNT GET MY ANSWER, ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING THIS KIND OF ISSUE OR HAS SOLVE WITH KURNIA CAN GIVE ME ANY COMMENT OR IDEAS TO GET THIS SOLVE?

Bro,

The normal process is workshop check ur car, submit the estimate repair quote online (normally the workshop will submit like 5x higher than what it does to repair), once complete, the adjuster will take photo, then provide their estimate repair cost (from the adjuster side) .. normally insurance will follow what the adjuster cost is .. if the cost that the panel workshop or owner not satisfied, that is the time they will re-survey and do the whole process again ... so in ur case, u have to ask where the processing is all about at which stage then u will know if the panel workshop or insurance or adjuster screwed it up ... once the offer letter is done, u can actually request a copy to check what has being needed to change or repair and how much etc ...

ilovesour

Mar 13, 2010
Ipoh/Perak
wow, thanks for those ideas and comment, would like to try about it.
thanks a million guys :D!

Sep 20, 2011
Jitra
hi,
first you should check with that workshop are they is Kurnia Panel.
if not there will be a trouble for you as they have to submit your document thru another workshop.
please do towing to the panel workshop.
regards.

zafary

Aug 4, 2006
Long, long time ago, my friend got almost same problem and prolong delay like hell he angry coz no other vehicle to go work and around... so, he been advice to write complain letter to the BANK NEGARA... and CC to the Kurnia director (or other way around) if not mistaken ... less than 12 hrs, the Kurnia director gave him a call and start to resolve thing... his car been in the workshop for almost 4 month if not mistaken again... finally he able to claim including the loses due to the poor manage.. so write to BN, because insurance industry is under BN concern... give a shout there.

ilovesour

Mar 13, 2010
Ipoh/Perak
Long, long time ago, my friend got almost same problem and prolong delay like hell he angry coz no other vehicle to go work and around... so, he been advice to write complain letter to the BANK NEGARA... and CC to the Kurnia director (or other way around) if not mistaken ... less than 12 hrs, the Kurnia director gave him a call and start to resolve thing... his car been in the workshop for almost 4 month if not mistaken again... finally he able to claim including the loses due to the poor manage.. so write to BN, because insurance industry is under BN concern... give a shout there.
Thanks would like to process to this level if i still counldnt get my car by next week.
water boiling on me seriously... but still have to wait... mothxxxxxker kurnia....
Thanks much. Zafary

davidyapdls

Jan 6, 2010

Bro.....Kurnia is always like that and this is why i ask all my friend to boycott Kurnia as there is more better insurance beside Kurnia. They are STINGY and services suck to the max as i have a friend encounter with Kurnia and his car is just few weeks old (BMW F10) damage front and they never replace the front bonnet and mudguard instead ask the workshop to knock it back.All the part from the car is not METAL and knocking it back for a car less than a month is not good and bad yet they don't do anything till finally my friend top up and change the parts.If this world only got Kurnia then ok la but there is still tons of good insurance company out there....Just My two cents.

hi ilovesour,
1stly u need to go to their HQ and demand to see the person in charge of claim and talk to them face to face if your workshop need you to do so (my experience, workshop will do everything and what u need to do is to sign the acceptance letter after checking and receiving yr car - when its fully repaired of course). but i don understand why u need to intervene into the claim procedures - maybe or unless u need it super fast then u need to do some work la.

my experience with kurnia, uni.asia, berjaya sompo, AIG, Tokio Marine are almost the same..procedures are the same and process also same since all the insurance companies will engage "outsourced adjustor or independent adjustor" to avoid bias. so nothing to do with KURNIA or so. Kurnia i heard workshop hates them very much because they slash the claim estimation - this is logic because if u see the claim estimation, u will be wandering why a wira headlight is rm580 per piece? new ori is only rm260 and imitation is rm60 only!!! some more most of the time the workshop will put super glue to stick back the bracket of the headlamp and "pasang balik" after polishing the surface (if the glass not crack).....so what is wrong for Kurnia to slash? i believe most insurance company does that.

another plus point about kurnia is their breakdown team are so far one of the best - they had rider, tow truck and even van to rescue u 24/7 and very efficient, tried a few time and they reach within 30mins. i believe other insurance companies are good as well.

my statement is to be fair....not pro any insurance cos all are registered under PIAM and controlled by Bank Negara....my advice is to go see the Kurnia person in charge rather than call.

i call some banks also need to listen to music and ended up line cut off.
cheerz

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
hi ilovesour,
1stly u need to go to their HQ and demand to see the person in charge of claim and talk to them face to face if your workshop need you to do so (my experience, workshop will do everything and what u need to do is to sign the acceptance letter after checking and receiving yr car - when its fully repaired of course). but i don understand why u need to intervene into the claim procedures - maybe or unless u need it super fast then u need to do some work la.

my experience with kurnia, uni.asia, berjaya sompo, AIG, Tokio Marine are almost the same..procedures are the same and process also same since all the insurance companies will engage "outsourced adjustor or independent adjustor" to avoid bias. so nothing to do with KURNIA or so. Kurnia i heard workshop hates them very much because they slash the claim estimation - this is logic because if u see the claim estimation, u will be wandering why a wira headlight is rm580 per piece? new ori is only rm260 and imitation is rm60 only!!! some more most of the time the workshop will put super glue to stick back the bracket of the headlamp and "pasang balik" after polishing the surface (if the glass not crack).....so what is wrong for Kurnia to slash? i believe most insurance company does that.

another plus point about kurnia is their breakdown team are so far one of the best - they had rider, tow truck and even van to rescue u 24/7 and very efficient, tried a few time and they reach within 30mins. i believe other insurance companies are good as well.

my statement is to be fair....not pro any insurance cos all are registered under PIAM and controlled by Bank Negara....my advice is to go see the Kurnia person in charge rather than call.

i call some banks also need to listen to music and ended up line cut off.
cheerz

My apology to the TS cos out of topic..Taikor, i heard some insurance company dun accept 1st party premium for cars 15years old and above..true?..

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?